Random. No more or less

No pics. It was bright Orange, white top, white interior. 350 automatic

My car's not very fancy, but it does have a manual transmission. When a friend saw it, she yelled, "Are you the last one!"

But I do drive one of these large vehicles every so often. (Please don't type the names on the vehicles so spiders don't peek in). This was a few years ago, pre-pandemic, at a children's event where they could check out large trucks, fire engines, and the like. It was fun, but was it ever loud. And while my vehicle didn't have a loud horn, it did have an external PA which the kids loved using. One repeatedly shouted "pizza!"

rduodNl.jpg

Anyway, it's snowing here. And I chipped a tooth yesterday, which added to an already terrible day. Have a dentist appointment on Monday, and I'm going to think of all the cool stuff I could have bought instead of paying for the dental repair.

I am bored. Let’s talk cars. Lol
In the '70w I raced Alfas, and in the '80s I raced BMWs at BMWCCA track events - places like Mid-Ohio, Grattan, etc. It was pretty safe, only two cars on the track, against the clock. Every so often I'd even beat the Porsches. Sadly, that was a long time ago.

I sometimes miss my car fetish.

Aw heck, no longer being in my 20s/30s/40s and beyond is bad enough!! :eek:

Some physicists claim time doesn't exist, that we merely created it. Tell that to my body and my formerly halfway decent looks!!! ;)

When I became diabetic, I realized that for safety reasons racing might not go so well - brain fog, if you get a low glucose reading. So I stopped racing.

But cars were a thing for me for a long time. Fortunately, there was recording equipment to get into. So I was lucky.

In the '70w I raced Alfas, and in the '80s I raced BMWs at BMWCCA track events - places like Mid-Ohio, Grattan, etc. It was pretty safe, only two cars on the track, against the clock. Every so often I'd even beat the Porsches. Sadly, that was a long time ago.

I sometimes miss my car fetish.

Aw heck, no longer being in my 20s/30s/40s and beyond is bad enough!! :eek:

Some physicists claim time doesn't exist, that we merely created it. Tell that to my body and my formerly halfway decent looks!!! ;)

When I became diabetic, I realized that for safety reasons racing might not go so well - brain fog, if you get a low glucose reading. So I stopped racing.

But cars were a thing for me for a long time. Fortunately, there was recording equipment to get into. So I was lucky.
alfa is my lady's favorite car make. she has a custom one for forza horizon (that's a video game to you and me russ).

alfa is my lady's favorite car make. she has a custom one for forza horizon (that's a video game to you and me russ).
‘76 Alfetta GT. Best road feel ever. Engine in front, transmission in back, for 50/50 weight distribution. All aluminum angine, sodium cooled valves, fuel injected. Way ahead of its time. The car was a very pale blue, almost silver. Hard to see in that pic. Tan interior.

And that 1976 Michigan plate is possibly the ugliest license plate ever created. ;)

Loved it, but kinda wanted a convertible, so...

I bought a Spider Veloce in '79, but can’t find a pic of it. Silver with a maroon interior. Couldn't even find one in stock at an Alfa dealer that year, and had to go to a dealer in Canada to get it. Totaled by a loaded semi truck carrying giant steel beams that ran a red light. The car crumpled. I was not injured. A well-designed car, but basically a 1963 car, and with a solid rear axle wasn't as advanced as the Alfetta.

UWEmYTb.jpg

In the 80s I raced the one in the foreground. Not an Alfa obviously. ‘84 Hartge modded 633 CSI. The M1 was a Buddy’s, pic was taken when he came to visit.

ly1zfFE.jpg

Last edited:
‘76 Alfetta GT. Best road feel ever. Engine in front, transmission in back, for 50/50 weight distribution. All aluminum angine, sodium cooled valves, fuel injected. Way ahead of its time. Loved it, but kinda wanted a convertible, so...

I bought a Spider Veloce in '79, but can’t find a pic of it. Silver with a maroon interior. Totaled by a loaded semi truck carrying giant steel beams. that ran a red light. The car crumpled. I was not injured. A well-designed car.

UWEmYTb.jpg

In the 80s I raced the one in the foreground. Not an Alfa obviously. ‘84 Hartge modded 633 CSI. The M1 was a Buddy’s, pic was taken when he came to visit.

ly1zfFE.jpg
she says those are ‘superstupid’ (she approves).

We have all done some stupid things in our lifetimes I am sure. I am too embarrassed to even whisper some of the ridiculous things I have done! So don’t worry your pretty little head over it. It’s the past! Can’t change it!
Embrace it!

As one of my buds says: You're only young once but you can be immature for the rest of your life!

Back