Random. No more or less

They’re great aren’t they.

@ScottR gifted me a pair, because he’s such a kind person.
There were so many headphones to choose from. I didn’t really have a budget. I could of spent $1000 on studio monitors. I love these though. The price was right. Pretty amazing.

The trouble is I now need to win the lottery. So many things I want to buy now. I walked into the store and should of put on blinders and NOT looked at everything. You know, like a kid in the candy store. Bad mistake. Now I am doing a cost analysis breakdown on how more $ I need to complete my desires at the moment.

I also have to start saving for materials to build my studio in the family room downstairs after my youngest has flown the coup. Next years project. I want to do all the work myself. I don’t want any help. I can figure it out.

Good call.

I bought some of those for ad clients I was working with via Evercast (an internet production platform) during COVID. Thet're very nice cans.
i have a set of tascams that are slightly better than the actual soup cans we used back when arthur godfrey was on the radio. hand-me-downs from the dj booth that was upgraded to some kind of sony thing carl cox said to use in the club/castle.

Bought myself a present.
Cool. I once interviewed at Audio Technica, but evidently they weren't impressed.

And for something unrelated to anything, the snow melted, so I went for a jog to work off some of the mashed potatoes and oatmeal I'm eating until my tooth is repaired. I had to stop to take this picture, though, as my inner 12 year old is very alive.

K4zwlQc.jpg

There were so many headphones to choose from. I didn’t really have a budget. I could of spent $1000 on studio monitors. I love these though. The price was right. Pretty amazing.

The trouble is I now need to win the lottery. So many things I want to buy now. I walked into the store and should of put on blinders and NOT looked at everything. You know, like a kid in the candy store. Bad mistake. Now I am doing a cost analysis breakdown on how more $ I need to complete my desires at the moment.

I also have to start saving for materials to build my studio in the family room downstairs after my youngest has flown the coup. Next years project. I want to do all the work myself. I don’t want any help. I can figure it out.

I know how you feel.

I built our music room last year and did as much of the work myself as I could. A really satisfying feeling, when you look at it and know it was the fruit of your own labours.

Cool. I once interviewed at Audio Technica, but evidently they weren't impressed.

And for something unrelated to anything, the snow melted, so I went for a jog to work off some of the mashed potatoes and oatmeal I'm eating until my tooth is repaired. I had to stop to take this picture, though, as my inner 12 year old is very alive.

K4zwlQc.jpg
You'll be even more amused to learn that as the proto-god who personified the sky. Ouranos (the Greek form) was also the father of the Titans, who were the precursors of the Olympian gods, but here's the best part:

As lord of the sky, Ouranos was also the god of rain, and his name derives most likely from the most archaic Greek word used for 'urine'.

So there you have it, ladies and germs. You get Yer Anus and yer sky pee in one - count 'em one - convenient name.

And I have another useless factoid: The Soviet operation that encircled the Axis troops in Stalingrad was called Operation Uranus.

I like to think that Gen. Zhukov was thinking, 'Up yours, Adolf, and I'm peeing on your shoe', but it's highly doubtful. Well. maybe mostly doubtful but a little bit possible. OK, it's obvious he was thinking that, because what else could he have been thinking, right? ;)

Last edited:
Frightened quite a bit. Yesterday there was more violence on the subway. Another person got pushed on the tracks. They were able to roll out of the trains way. This is at the stop where I get off for the rehearsal studio. Last week a lady got slashed in the face. Do I stay or do I go. This is getting very risky. My son wants me to carry a knife with me. 3” and smaller is legal in Canada

Back