Random. No more or less

Why Stop At The Rear Wheel Stand? Give That Girl A Tire Gauge, A Screwdriver To Adjust Suspension Settings And A Computer To Handle All Your Power Commander Mapping Needs. ;)
This is a woman that doesn't know how (or care to) start a lawnmower. I have a PCIII but have never installed it on the bike. In fact, other than the exhaust system and bodywork my bike is completely stock. Just about all the guys I race with are less than half my age and I'm not in it for plaques or podium places, I just love the spirit of competition and going reasonably fast in a safe manner. Plus the group is such a all around joy to be a part of. We're all in it for the same reason with the exception of the serious advanced and expert racers...to have fun and help each other with anything we can. Not all that much different than this group here on a slightly different parallel.
I have a motto for my racing: "I race bikes to meet younger women...mostly EMT's and nurses."🤣

This is a woman that doesn't know how (or care to) start a lawnmower. I have a PCIII but have never installed it on the bike. In fact, other than the exhaust system and bodywork my bike is completely stock. Just about all the guys I race with are less than half my age and I'm not in it for plaques or podium places, I just love the spirit of competition and going reasonably fast in a safe manner. Plus the group is such a all around joy to be a part of. We're all in it for the same reason with the exception of the serious advanced and expert racers...to have fun and help each other with anything we can. Not all that much different than this group here on a slightly different parallel.
I have a motto for my racing: "I race bikes to meet younger women...mostly EMT's and nurses."🤣
I Hear Ya...Nothing Wrong With That And I Get It On The Power Commander Aspect. I Do Have To Hold My ground On Suspension Settings And Tire Pressure As Those Things Are Crucial To Every Aspect Of Riding...Especially Safety And Of Course Handling...Which Can Mean Safety. :)

I Think It Is Great That You Have A Group Of People You Can Ride With And Do Your Track Days, Etc. Stay Safe My Friend And When In Doubt, Gas It. ;)

I Hear Ya...Nothing Wrong With That And I Get It On The Power Commander Aspect. I Do Have To Hold My ground On Suspension Settings And Tire Pressure As Those Things Are Crucial To Every Aspect Of Riding...Especially Safety And Of Course Handling...Which Can Mean Safety. :)

I Think It Is Great That You Have A Group Of People You Can Ride With And Do Your Track Days, Etc. Stay Safe My Friend And When In Doubt, Gas It. ;)
These things are very important, regardless of the bike. I ride a touring Harley Davidson. I had the rear suspension done about a year and a half ago. Man, what a difference that made in how the bike handles. I recently had the front suspension done. Wow, again, what a difference that made. I don't plan on getting rid of this bike unless something happens to it. If I ever did buy another bike, I would immediately do the front and rear suspension after knowing the difference it made in this bike.

My bike has tire pressure sensors on it so I get a notification if they are a little low. I carry an inflator on the bike so I can top them off whenever I may need to. I usually have this happen when I go to a different area of the state up North and the weather is cooler. The pressure drops a little due to the temperature difference.

These things are very important, regardless of the bike. I ride a touring Harley Davidson. I had the rear suspension done about a year and a half ago. Man, what a difference that made in how the bike handles. I recently had the front suspension done. Wow, again, what a difference that made. I don't plan on getting rid of this bike unless something happens to it. If I ever did buy another bike, I would immediately do the front and rear suspension after knowing the difference it made in this bike.

My bike has tire pressure sensors on it so I get a notification if they are a little low. I carry an inflator on the bike so I can top them off whenever I may need to. I usually have this happen when I go to a different area of the state up North and the weather is cooler. The pressure drops a little due to the temperature difference.
Suspension Really Is The Key To Everything. I Come From A Motocross And Road Racing Background And In Those Cases It Is Absolutely Crucial. It Is Amazing How Much Faster You Can Go And How Much More Comfortable You Are When Everything Is Working Together. If Not, You Are Fighting The Bike, The Conditions (Road, Track, Etc) And If it Is Off It Can Be A Massive Problem. When it Is Right It Is Second Nature And Seems Like You Are Not Even Trying. You Are On Rails And Everything Is Predictable And Easily Manageable. I Could Go On And On About This As I Am Incredibly Passionate About This Stuff. Set Up Is Everything...Just Like With A Guitar. Another Interesting Side Note Is On How A Bike Rides, Feels, Handles Due To How Each Bolt Is Torque'd. Most Bikes Are Way Too Tight And Bound Up Due To Bolts Being Tightened Too Much. Axles, Triple Clamps, Pinch Bolts, Mount Areas, Etc, Etc. Etc. Can Make A Very Impacting Change In Feel And Feedback. When This Is Done Right, The Motorcycle Will Ride, Feel, Respond Night And Day Different. I Have No Idea How People Buy A Bike Off The Showroom Floor And Just Ride It As Is. Maybe They Don't Know Any Better And Or Are Not Going Fast Enough To Notice And Feel A Difference? Anyway, Sorry To Rant On This Stuff...But I Do Enjoy It. :)

I/we have a guy that is an absolute suspension wizard. He and his crew do CSBK, AMA, and Moto America race bikes for some Canadian riders that are working their way up in the classes. I'm just about due for a front fork rebuild but not until this season is over. Ohlins can be a bit pricey and getting harder to find for my old dinosaur so I have to really search my soul if I have that many more years racing to justify it or to just do some simpler upgrades. Willie's shop is a good distance from me (300 miles) so I'll likely remove the forks myself and take them down to him for the work.
But your last comment really made me smile. This is from our old RC51 forum, that's not me or anyone I know in the picture. I often use it for discussions with guys on dressers (Ultras, Goldwings etc) that run car tires on their bikes, of which I am decidedly on the "nay" side. It is the only fitting purpose for a c/t in regard to a motorcycle (personal opinion of course):

I/we have a guy that is an absolute suspension wizard. He and his crew do CSBK, AMA, and Moto America race bikes for some Canadian riders that are working their way up in the classes. I'm just about due for a front fork rebuild but not until this season is over. Ohlins can be a bit pricey and getting harder to find for my old dinosaur so I have to really search my soul if I have that many more years racing to justify it or to just do some simpler upgrades. Willie's shop is a good distance from me (300 miles) so I'll likely remove the forks myself and take them down to him for the work.
But your last comment really made me smile. This is from our old RC51 forum, that's not me or anyone I know in the picture. I often use it for discussions with guys on dressers (Ultras, Goldwings etc) that run car tires on their bikes, of which I am decidedly on the "nay" side. It is the only fitting purpose for a c/t in regard to a motorcycle (personal opinion of course):
Beautiful Stuff! It Looks Like That Poor Rider Is In Over Their Talent Level...LOL. Looks Painful And Hopefully They Low Side Rather Than Get Launched On A High Side.

Beautiful Stuff! It Looks Like That Poor Rider Is In Over Their Talent Level...LOL. Looks Painful And Hopefully They Low Side Rather Than Get Launched On A High Side.
Hitting the pavement always hurts somewhere. The real trick is to make the painful input as little as possible. My spill last season in the pics was actually in practice, not the actual race. Still haven't figured out why I went down...I wasn't running hard at all just missed my normal line and poof, instant front wheel washout. There is a slight off camber ridge in that corner so I may have caught it just perfect (imperfect?) and lost the front. Just a slight bruise from the impact on the track surface and a busted foot peg. Bent the brake pedal (still functional so I did pass tech) and took the rest of the day to find a new peg; missed the main event for it. But did manage to run the next day, if a bit slower than my normal lap times.

Hitting the pavement always hurts somewhere. The real trick is to make the painful input as little as possible. My spill last season in the pics was actually in practice, not the actual race. Still haven't figured out why I went down...I wasn't running hard at all just missed my normal line and poof, instant front wheel washout. There is a slight off camber ridge in that corner so I may have caught it just perfect (imperfect?) and lost the front. Just a slight bruise from the impact on the track surface and a busted foot peg. Bent the brake pedal (still functional so I did pass tech) and took the rest of the day to find a new peg; missed the main event for it. But did manage to run the next day, if a bit slower than my normal lap times.
Crashing Is Never Really Pain Or Cost Free...But I Would Rather Low Side Than High Side Any Day Of The Week! Odd How Some Of Those Things Just Happen. When You Say Off Camber Ridge Are Talking An Actual Ridge In The Track Surface? If So, That Could Be Real Dicey. The Typical Off Camber Stuff Can Be Tricky In A Very Unsuspecting Way (Depending On The Track, Etc. Of Course) Because If Your Suspension Isn't Loaded And Or You Aren't Off The Gas Ever So Slightly To Shift Weight Distribution There Is The Slightest Of Moments That The Front End Can Wash Out Like A Feather And It Is Over Before You Know What Hit You. What You Explained Sounds Like That Kind Of A Scenario. Glad It Wasn't Worse (Though Still Not Ideal For You) And You Were Able To Get Back On The Horse Sooner Rather Than Much Later. :)

Last edited:
I Would Say In Most Cases It Is. I Am Not Saying It Can't Help Somebody But A Copy And Paste Formula Is Not Going To Have The Same Results On Every Person Because We Are All Different, Unique In Our Own Way And All Of Our Life Experiences And How We See And Appropriate Things Is Different. They Say The Best Counselor Is The One Within And I Have A Hard Time Disagreeing With That. Plus, You Can Talk To Yourself For A Lot Less Coin. :)
I agree. There is no "one way" or "best way for everyone" to solve any psychological issue, IMO, because every single person is different. This is why I say psychology will never be an exact science.

I agree. There is no "one way" or "best way for everyone" to solve any psychological issue, IMO, because every single person is different. This is why I say psychology will never be an exact science.
Agree! A Good "Counselor" Will At Best Help You Weed Out The Secondary Stuff So You Can Focus On The Primary In A Manner That You Discover Works Best For You. Educated Guess Work At Best. That Is Why It Is So Important To Know Yourself And To Be Honest With Yourself And Proceed Accordingly. A Little Help Along The Way Is Not Necessarily A Bad Thing But It Will Never Be The Answer. The Solution Is Always In The Problem Or Question. When A Person Learns To Ask The Right Questions, Answers Will Chase Them Down. When A Person Is Seeking Answers, Most Times Those Answers Are Very Elusive And Difficult To Come By.

Crashing Is Never Really Pain Or Cost Free...But I Would Rather Low Side Than High Side Any Day Of The Week! Odd How Some Of Those Things Just Happen. When You Say Off Camber Ridge Are Talking An Actual Ridge In The Track Surface? If So, That Could Be Real Dicey. The Typical Off Camber Stuff Can Be Tricky In A Very Unsuspecting Way (Depending On The Track, Etc. Of Course) Because If Your Suspension Isn't Loaded And Or You Aren't Off The Gas Ever So Slightly To Shift Weight Distribution There Is The Slightest Of Moments That The Front End Can Wash Out Like A Feather And It Is Over Before You Know What Hit You. What You Explained Sounds Like That Kind Of A Scenario. Glad It Wasn't Worse (Though Still Not Ideal For You) And You Were Able To Get Back On The Horse Sooner Rather Than Much Later. :)
We all know that section is there, and it really isn't visible unless you walk the track and look back into it. I thought I had missed it but it's the only other thing I can think of that took me down. Tires were plenty hot, pressures were optimal, day was warm and dry...I could have maybe been a tad farther off the seat to the inside, but I wasn't pushing any limits. Been through that spot 1000 times and at a much faster pace...just one of those things that happens.

It’s not so bad not working especially during a glorious day like today. I am alive and pain free. Those are two things I am most grateful for today!!

Just enjoying the day with my pups. I just do what I can and then rest and have a sip of my coffee. I am beyond slow and that is very annoying and frustrating. Guess I can’t run a marathon everyday. Just enjoying the outdoors!

Beautiful spot to chill and recharge the batteries Lola!
But for goodness sake, put up a railing so nobody gets to understand the hardness of concrete the way I do. 😉😘
I fell off my own deck once. Ball team was over for a BBQ after our annual tournament and of course the suds were flowing rather freely. I had (maybe?) one too many and the equilibrium went way south along with me and my plate of supper!. Human condition notwithstanding I had just landscaped and soft black powdery earth broke my fall rather than my fool neck. I had a quick rinse in the shower and missus gave my steak a rinse under the tap and threw it back on the grille and I ate it not knowing anything to the wiser. And had a fresh beer too.🤣 She didn't really approve but the team all did.😄

Beautiful spot to chill and recharge the batteries Lola!
But for goodness sake, put up a railing so nobody gets to understand the hardness of concrete the way I do. 😉😘
We are putting up glass panels which are going to be connected to the new part of the deck. The new part is being merged into the old part. It will be a winter heated deck. Don’t even ask me how this is going to happen. I just stay out of it. So when my husband is confined to his wheelchair after this surgery he will be able to sit in comfort with the dogs if he so desires. My hubbies best friend Bob is helping him. He’s a master carpenter, retired and when those 2 get together they just pick up where they left off. They say women talk but wow. My hubby was on the phone last night with his other friend for 2 1/2 hours. Better him then me! Lol

Last edited:
I am sitting here getting a grip on Evil walks. Too early to be practicing?lol

Anyhow, Angus’s music sounds more complicated sometimes then what it really is. The slides and pull offs are what really up this song for me and besides there so easy to do but they just add another layer of complexity and analyzing for me. Some of the most complex sounding riffs are actually not that hard.

It’s Friday ppl! Have a great weekend and be safe!

Hanging out with my best bud today!

Last edited:
When you retired, took and extended vacation etc did you ever notice how your sleeping patterns have changed? I do love sleeping in and I know my body, mind and soul love it too but I can’t sleep past 5:30 or 6 am. I find I am ready to get my day started. I am excited to get up, get a coffee and get things going.

And now that I am currently not working I thought I would go crazy without a structured routine. I don’t have one but there’s so much fun and tedious stuff to do around my place and the cottage. I have more things to do than I did at work. Strange!? But the best thing is no more stress!

And you?

Back