Random. No more or less

It looks as though there might finally be a little light at the end of the tunnel for the Mrs and I.
Been a long journey that started 2 years ago and an old chapter is finally coming to a close and a new one is beginning

Mrs Davey and I put together a plan in 2021 for me to get out of the corporate rat race, sell our home and relocate to somewhere warmer year round and enjoy a simpler life.
Got my parents moved down to Arizona last July (we've been taking care of them for the past 6 years).
Wife and I took a couple trips in August back and forth to transfer cars, shop, guitars and household down. (The guitars and gear transfer was nerve racking).
Sold our place in December and made our final drive from Washington to Arizona right before Christmas.
Closed on our new home Feb 1st and just finished emptying storage out and getting everything into our new place. Its all boxes still, but at least everything is in one place again.

Still a bit of work to do getting everything in its place, but the hard work and stress is over. No more moves for this guy.

Looking forward to getting all my gear set up and then it will feel like home.

@Davey congrats on the move. And it’s such a beautiful thing to help look after your parents. Been there twice and although at times it was difficult I wouldn’t change a damned thing. My FIL and MIL were like the parents I always wanted.

Silk Road was an online black market and the first modern darknet market.[7] It was launched in 2011 by its American founder Ross Ulbricht under the pseudonym "Dread Pirate Roberts". As part of the dark web,[8] Silk Road operated as a hidden serviceon the Tor network, allowing users to buy and sell products and services between each other anonymously. All transactions were conducted with bitcoin, a cryptocurrency which aided in protecting user identities. The website was known for its illegal drug marketplace, among other illegal and legal product listings.
Oh yeah...now I remember seeing something about that on the news once. When you said "Silk Road" I was thinking of the ancient Silk Road trade route through Asia. There's so much weird stuff on the net that I just don't know about.

It looks as though there might finally be a little light at the end of the tunnel for the Mrs and I.
Been a long journey that started 2 years ago and an old chapter is finally coming to a close and a new one is beginning

Mrs Davey and I put together a plan in 2021 for me to get out of the corporate rat race, sell our home and relocate to somewhere warmer year round and enjoy a simpler life.
Got my parents moved down to Arizona last July (we've been taking care of them for the past 6 years).
Wife and I took a couple trips in August back and forth to transfer cars, shop, guitars and household down. (The guitars and gear transfer was nerve racking).
Sold our place in December and made our final drive from Washington to Arizona right before Christmas.
Closed on our new home Feb 1st and just finished emptying storage out and getting everything into our new place. Its all boxes still, but at least everything is in one place again.

Still a bit of work to do getting everything in its place, but the hard work and stress is over. No more moves for this guy.

Looking forward to getting all my gear set up and then it will feel like home.
Nice! Congrats

Super Bowl anyone? Plans?

None here. It’s like watched paint dry. I would rather watch a hockey game being Canadian. Lol

Oh yeah....Super Bowl thing is going on isn't it? Nah, I haven't watched in years. I'm not a big sports guy, but lately been having fun watching old boxing matches on Youtube that I've never seen before. Like "Rumble in the Jungle", never seen it before.

My song of the day. I am so excited about going to rehearsal. Been up since 6 am. I picked up my guitar and got two hours of practice in before breakfast.

It’s beautiful and sunny and a very HAPPY day for me personally. Get outside enjoy the warm sun. It makes me feel so good to be alive on this day.

My song of the day. I am so excited about going to rehearsal. Been up since 6 am. I picked up my guitar and got two hours of practice in before breakfast.

It’s beautiful and sunny and a very HAPPY day for me personally. Get outside enjoy the warm sun. It makes me feel so good to be alive on this day.

Sounds like a fantastic day. Have fun!

--

It's a little warmer than normal where I am (45F/9C), and mostly sunny. I'm thinking it may be a good day for a bike ride. Or maybe a jog/trail run, as there's still a lot of soggy ground after the snow melted.

I stayed up too late last night, restringing guitars while watching a class on screenwriting by the Stranger Things creators. A friend and I are reworking a play we originally did about 20 years ago. Hopefully it turns out better this time.

A random thought/question. Beyond design and set up, why is it that some guitars can fill you with joy to play while others either don't have that spark or can even be a bit of a downer? Even if they're otherwise quite similar? For instance, my two least-played electrics (neither are PRS) have an open, rich, complex sound I love, but I rarely play them long. One is due to getting a forearm welt when playing it seated, it's fairly heavy standing, and unshielded P90 hum gets to be a bit much after a while. But the other was everything I wanted in a guitar, yet playing it just feels off after a bit. There doesn't seem anything wrong with it or the setup, so I don't know. Maybe as it's my only shorter scale guitar.

Okay, that was more randomness than I intended to share. But hi all. Happy Superb Owl day if you're into that. If not, it could be a good day for a bike ride, jog, or playing in new strings.

A random thought/question. Beyond design and set up, why is it that some guitars can fill you with joy to play while others either don't have that spark or can even be a bit of a downer?
I really have no reasonable explanation for this I have 4 beautiful guitars. My McCarty is the star of the lot but when I pick up my Parker fly to play, it’s a feeling that I can’t describe. None of my other guitars seem to have the same impact on me.

A random thought/question. Beyond design and set up, why is it that some guitars can fill you with joy to play while others either don't have that spark or can even be a bit of a downer? Even if they're otherwise quite similar?

Why does that person set your heart aflutter and this other person doesn't? It's just the magic of being human. There's not always logic to what appeals to us and what doesn't.

I really have no reasonable explanation for this I have 4 beautiful guitars. My McCarty is the star of the lot but when I pick up my Parker fly to play, it’s a feeling that I can’t describe. None of my other guitars seem to have the same impact on me.
Yes. And cool, I've never seen a Parker Fly in person, let alone played one. I was just playing my Mira and thinking about this.

The Mira and a fairly plain Strat (my first and, for a long time, only guitar) are the ones that bring the most happiness. They're the ones that I most lose track of time playing, the ones I try new things with, the ones that help me be creative, or find a sound for whatever emotions I have. (Having the Strat really helped during a long hospitalization, as I could play it unplugged while attached to IVs for hours a day). They may be the least visually striking, but they are always willing to help my learn.

Why does that person set your heart aflutter and this other person doesn't? It's just the magic of being human. There's not always logic to what appeals to us and what doesn't.
Excellent analogy. Thanks.

Yes. And cool, I've never seen a Parker Fly in person, let alone played one. I was just playing my Mira and thinking about this.

The Mira and a fairly plain Strat (my first and, for a long time, only guitar) are the ones that bring the most happiness. They're the ones that I most lose track of time playing, the ones I try new things with, the ones that help me be creative, or find a sound for whatever emotions I have. (Having the Strat really helped during a long hospitalization, as I could play it unplugged while attached to IVs for hours a day). They may be the least visually striking, but they are always willing to help my learn.

Excellent analogy. Thanks.
This is my baby and always will. This guitar can morph into whatever you want it to be. It’s so dynamic and diverse!

This is my baby and always will. This guitar can morph into whatever you want it to be. It’s so dynamic and diverse!

Supremely cool. I remember an interview, I think with the guy who was in Alabama, convinced they were the future of guitars.

Here's a poor photo of my Mira and Strat.
ULG18mu.jpg

For very random unrelated stuff, I went on a hike/trail run combo today. At the trailhead afterwards I heard the rumble of approaching motorcycles with a somewhat familiar sound. Then they passed. Large men on large motorcycles cranking Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf." A little unexpected.

Supremely cool. I remember an interview, I think with the guy who was in Alabama, convinced they were the future of guitars.

Here's a poor photo of my Mira and Strat.
ULG18mu.jpg

For very random unrelated stuff, I went on a hike/trail run combo today. At the trailhead afterwards I heard the rumble of approaching motorcycles with a somewhat familiar sound. Then they passed. Large men on large motorcycles cranking Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf." A little unexpected.
I love the look of the Mira. Just a gorgeous colour!!

I am an 80’s woman. Duran Duran fits the bill perfectly. I even know all the words to it. Lol

@Davey congrats on the move. And it’s such a beautiful thing to help look after your parents. Been there twice and although at times it was difficult I wouldn’t change a damned thing. My FIL and MIL were like the parents I always wanted.
Thanks @Lola
My wife and I had a long conversation over several weeks to be absolutely sure that moving them into wouldn't cause any issues or animosity between my wife and my parents.
It had its challenges, but as you put it, I wouldn't change a thing.
Now they are just a couple blocks away and we can be there in minutes if needed.

Last edited:
Back