Raging Ruby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Watt

i was given an unplayed 2007 Experience Raging Ruby as a leaving present. I'd like to sell it. How much is it worth, please? UK.

If you just post on Craigslist, “Experience Raging Ruby” you’ll get a lot of interesting responses. :eek::D

Pricing discussions are a no-no around here. But no one would mind pics (which might spur a PM).

Thanks, Boogie. Sorry about the breach of protocol. Will see if I can remove the post.
Bob

i was given an unplayed 2007 Experience Raging Ruby as a leaving present. I'd like to sell it. How much is it worth, please? UK.

There are two sold (but wilth prices still listed ) if you do a quick search on Reverb - as a guess pitch it somewhere between the two, possibly upping it a bit as import and VAT adds a around 25% (I'm in the UK too). Looking at the specs (reproduced below, taken from Sweetwater's Reverb ad) it looks like it's an all mahogany guitar, so you could look to see what one of those goes for as a further guide.

The Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 Experience PRS 2007 solidbody electric guitar is a stunning limited-edition model (only 300 available worldwide, 200 in the U.S.) with a distinctive finish and features. The Custom 24 Experience PRS 2007 has a painted maple top and matching headstock, 24-fret Standard neck with a rosewood fingerboard and exquisite bird inlays, and cool zebra bobbin pickups. The back of the headstock is emblazoned with "Experience PRS 2007," while a Volume control, push/pull Tone control, and three-way pickup selector toggle let you get an amazing array of tones from the Custom 24 Experience PRS 2007.

Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 Experience PRS 2007 Limited Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
  • Color: Raging Ruby
  • Top: Painted Maple
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Scale: 25"
  • Fingerboard: rosewood with abalone bird inlays
  • Radius: 10"
  • Neck carve: Standard
  • No. of frets: 24
  • Headstock: Painted to match body, "Experience PRS 2007" on back of headstock
  • Hardware: PRS tremolo, low-mass locking tuning machines
  • Pickups: #6 zebra bobbin Treble and Bass humbuckers
  • Controls: Single Volume, single push/pull Tone, 3-way pickup selector toggle
  • Case: Hardshell

Last edited:
Oh - just noticed it says.... So probably a bit more than an all mahogany guitar. But probably less than a Custom with a fancy flame top. Good luck!
  • Top: Painted Maple

Thanks for all that. I'll investigate the sites and make a note of all those details for if/when I mange to sell it.
Bob

Wow - how happy were they to see you go???? :eek:

'Painted top' = opaque finish. That threw me for a second. Reverb is showing a decent range of prices. I'm guessing your number will start with a 2.

Actually, your number will start with a $.... but I'd agree the 1st digit will be around a 2 as well. o_O:eek::confused::D:cool: Hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back