Question: PRS McCarty 594's, Semi-Hollow vs full Hollowbody II?

My fault. I broke something on the server side. Oops.
PRS-2019_McCarty594-ltd-Copperhead-02.jpg

I’m reviving this old thread as I’m plotting my next move. I may thin the 335 herd and already have a SC SH 594. Any new comparisons between the two 594s?

I'm deciding next move and it's between McCarty 594 and a DGT. I am progressively more leaning towards the 594 and IF that's the decision it is definitely going to be HB II version.

One of the reasons I'm a big fan of the 594's is the scale length. Look into WHY they decided to go with that specific scale length.

I also realized again the other day that I keep forgetting that all my McCarty 594's have push/pull tone pots. hahahaha I never seem to use them but I'm glad they are there.

One of the reasons I'm a big fan of the 594's is the scale length. Look into WHY they decided to go with that specific scale length.
Is there any reason you don't tell us and save us looking it up? Is this one of those "You'll retain it more if you look it up yourself" moments?

Is there any reason you don't tell us and save us looking it up? Is this one of those "You'll retain it more if you look it up yourself" moments?

There's a lot of information out there on all the many details which went into the invention of the 594. It is no small subject.

What I like most about the scale length is that it is a short scale (shorter than a typical Les Paul 24&3/4" scale length) and the short scale guitars are more comfortable to play (less string tension and frets closer together). Not only that but the 24.594 inch scale length tames that unruly G string (intonates better).

Back