PS Finish Question - Sub-zero glow over time?

xxxadixxx

The long running forum post about color changes and some of the one-off posts about people's guitar finish changing over time have me concerned about a potential PS build. I have to finalize the color this week and I am second guessing myself. Many of the Private Stock Friday posts and then follow-up shots when people get their guitars have some of the finishes looking different. It would be helpful to get a sense of how the color ages or if that is not a concern with this particular finish. I am worried that it might get darker (or lose the contracts of the smokedburst/blue) over time if the blue shifts to a grey color. Does anyone have before/after shots of a Subzero Glow or Subzero Glow Smokedburst top?

My backup colors are already in the grey family or could be something like blue steel. The guitar will be kept in its case so my concern is really just about general color settling over time. Any feedback would be helpful.

Many of the Private Stock Friday posts and then follow-up shots when people get their guitars have some of the finishes looking different.

That's lighting. I have pics of my PS from Brian that look entirely different than some that I've taken at home. Almost like a different guitar. And I have pics that I took myself that look very different, it's just a matter of the lighting.

Mine is in the semi-notorious Northern Lights finish and is about seven years old. If it's faded at all, I haven't noticed. And I keep it cased, as you intend to do. That said, I haven't had the fading issues that some have described (or at least it's not noticeable), and I have several blue guitars that I keep out on a stand. No direct sunlight, but I've heard others say they've had fading w/o that.

All good feedback. So this dataset suggests no issues with subzero glow. Perfect!

The long running forum post about color changes and some of the one-off posts about people's guitar finish changing over time have me concerned about a potential PS build. I have to finalize the color this week and I am second guessing myself. Many of the Private Stock Friday posts and then follow-up shots when people get their guitars have some of the finishes looking different. It would be helpful to get a sense of how the color ages or if that is not a concern with this particular finish. I am worried that it might get darker (or lose the contracts of the smokedburst/blue) over time if the blue shifts to a grey color. Does anyone have before/after shots of a Subzero Glow or Subzero Glow Smokedburst top?

My backup colors are already in the grey family or could be something like blue steel. The guitar will be kept in its case so my concern is really just about general color settling over time. Any feedback would be helpful.
I had the same concern and though I don’t remember the exact discussion, Brian alleviated my worries. I have a SZG PS on order now.

Back