PRS USA CE24 & Baritone SE Guitars - New for 2016!!

Did NOT like the tones he got out of the CE. I hope someone releases a better video of that.

That baritone though.... my goodness. It blew the CE away. I would normally have NO interest in that thing but it just sounds so darn good.

I have a vintage CE - I'm covered there...

...but now I have p90 baritone gas.

And I have to disagree with Drew - The CE compared very favorably to the core CU24 in the video - but then again - listening to guitar on youtube is probably the WORST way to make a buying decision.

How about some members scooting off to the shops, playing them in person and giving us objective evaluations? There's a thought.

I have a vintage CE - I'm covered there...

...but now I have p90 baritone gas.

And I have to disagree with Drew - The CE compared very favorably to the core CU24 in the video - but then again - listening to guitar on youtube is probably the WORST way to make a buying decision.

How about some members scooting off to the shops, playing them in person and giving us objective evaluations? There's a thought.
Even on youtube (through headphones), I really dig the sound of the CE. I thought it sounded pretty similar to the core 24 with a little added brightness (to be expected with the maple), which I like a lot. Not in the market for another Custom (just got an S2 24 and I have my eyes on a Vela next) but here's hoping they release the 85/15s for individual sale so I can pop those in my S2.

How about some members scooting off to the shops, playing them in person and giving us objective evaluations?

To dream....the impossible dreammmm.....

Seriously, no evaluation can be truly objective, because it necessarily depends on the tastes and playing style of the person doing the evaluating.

You can get a baritone-esqe tone out of a regular SE with a Bareknuckles Stockholm bridge P90, and they have a hotter one above that. I had a set briefly but although good was too darn loud and dark for me, kept the neck one though

Yeah rugerpc...

I think the CE24 is great, but having a Cu24, my GAS is in check at least until a CE22 or CE Standard.

I'm pretty sure I know who the SE 277 with humbuckers is targeted to, but I didn't quite get the semi-hollow with P90s. Until I heard this demo. Maybe they were going through all the combinations in the prototypes and this combo happened to sound killer and they had to release it?

At least it's GAS for an SE. :( :)

Even on youtube (through headphones), I really dig the sound of the CE. I thought it sounded pretty similar to the core 24 with a little added brightness (to be expected with the maple), which I like a lot. Not in the market for another Custom (just got an S2 24 and I have my eyes on a Vela next) but here's hoping they release the 85/15s for individual sale so I can pop those in my S2.

I believe the 58/15s and 85/15s are now only lightly potted, and are definitely much more open in the high end. I suspect that's why the PRS rep wanted a demo of the volume (sans treble loss) and tone controls. You can get great, bright squealy gain tones, but rolling down the volume cleans it right up, and rolling the tone off a couple of notches and you really can nail a more "vintage" tone. \m/

Very yes on the Vela. Mine's a keeper.

Yeah rugerpc...

I think the CE24 is great, but having a Cu24, my GAS is in check at least until a CE22 or CE Standard.

I'm pretty sure I know who the SE 277 with humbuckers is targeted to, but I didn't quite get the semi-hollow with P90s. Until I heard this demo. Maybe they were going through all the combinations in the prototypes and this combo happened to sound killer and they had to release it?

At least it's GAS for an SE. :( :)

I thought the semi-hollow with the P90s was awesome. Who'd have thought?

Couple of things I love about the new CE24 - birds, three way switch with push-pull splitter(no rotary!), 85/15 pickups, whale blue. Yep, got to have one.:)

You guys are welcome.
I would be tempted to get one if it had a stoptail on it.
All of my PRS guitars have terms, and I really never use them.
I sure dug the stoptail on my sons new guitar.

Back