Help with Finish - CE24

rvt1000

I'm looking to pickup a CE24. I'm not that familiar with the finishes on PRS but I was kinda concerned about this. Can anyone help me out? I was going to upload photos from my phone but it looks like I can only upload links. I saw something that said new people can't post links. So I guess, best I can do, it's on craigslist Phoenix, AZ. Faded Blue Smoke Burst CE24. Title is "Paul Reed Smith CE 24 - Custom Faded Blue Smoke - $1,950 (Goodyear)". Any assistance would be appreciated. (IE - should I be concerned with the white markings on the finish?)

Thanks

Think this is the one you're talking about....

From the looks of it, everything looks fine. The white streaks running through the top of the guitar look to simply be part of the wood grain to me.

It does look like there's a good sized ding on the edge near the volume control, though.

00L0L_1GosVebygx8_0ac0t2_1200x900.jpg
00707_8owhqh9xrrY_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg
00909_h9GmwDsjsxX_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

Yep - that's the one. Thanks for sharing the photos. Yeah the white lines - I was told it could be the clear coat. Glad to know it's wood grain. The ding isn't too bad. I'm excited for the sound - I just wanna pay the right price considering.

Yeah, I seen a lot of guitars coming out of the factory with that type of mineral streaking lately. Here's a couple I found with a Google search that shows the same thing...

MCCARTYCH-1_512x640.png

190283296_01_1800x1800.jpg

In terms of price, it's all going to boil down to how well it meshes with you, your style, and your comfort levels. If it plays amazing, sounds amazing, and feels amazing....well, to me, that's priceless.

Good luck!

Yeah, I seen a lot of guitars coming out of the factory with that type of mineral streaking lately. Here's a couple I found with a Google search that shows the same thing...

MCCARTYCH-1_512x640.png

In terms of price, it's all going to boil down to how well it meshes with you, your style, and your comfort levels. If it plays amazing, sounds amazing, and feels amazing....well, to me, that's priceless.

Good luck!

MCCARTYCH-1_512x640.png

Good luck!
Good call. Yeah I've spent a little time with a CE24 and coming from Fender, feels pretty good. I hope it meets all those criteria. Thanks for your response

Back