Need Help with CE24 Wiring Diagram

lamarzipan

Hello All! I am new to the forum and am in need of desperate help with the Wiring Diagram of the CE24 with the old 2 Wire 85/15 Pickups. I have a custom 24 10 Top that came with Dimarzios installed. Also in the case were some of the old ce style 85/15 pickups. Id like to go back to stock but i am stuck on one small part of the wiring diagram.

https://d159anurvk4929.cloudfront.net/documents/prs_ce24_wiring_schematic.pdf

On the volume pot, what is the small solder pile looking thing that is on top of the red wire from switch, and capacitor wire from push/pull?

Only thing i can think of is the wires that run the capacitor from Push/Pull pot are metal shielded and its essentially a ground?

any help would be appreciated. Thanks all!

The purpose of a treble bleed is to keep your tone bright when you cut it back (like when you want to lighten up the breakup of tube distortion for the softer part of a song). Without one, the highs will often cut back more than the rest of the signal as you roll back the volume. Many players like that the highs get softer and go without a treble bleed. Others want the tone to stay sharp as they roll off the volume and use one. In my mod, I did use a treble bleed, but I preferred a Kinman style bleed (which also has a resister in series on one of the capacitor leads), instead of the simple bleed shown in your diagram. If I remember correctly, my choice had to do with evening out the volume taper.

Back