PRS USA CE24 & Baritone SE Guitars - New for 2016!!

You guys are welcome.
I would be tempted to get one if it had a stoptail on it.
All of my PRS guitars have terms, and I really never use them.
I sure dug the stoptail on my sons new guitar.

+1 to that. Wish I could get an S2 custom 22 with stoptail. I think the issue is that the angle of the neck meeting up to the body has to be changed for a stoptail, as the stoptail sits much higher than the trem off the body of the guitar. So basically, while it looks the same, it's a much different design from an engineering perspective. But it doesn't make me want it any less!

Also, props to the new CE for still having a toggle switch! If I were into maple necks, I would be on this so fast. Heck, hearing Bryan Ewald play with the band in those videos, I'm a little worried that if I see one in person and try it, I might like it a lot more than I expect. And then it'll follow me home...

I have to agree with a lot of people here - I was shocked at how much I loved the sound of the 277 baritone. I found the concept interesting, and I was considering the solid body version. But holy cow, that soap bar sounded amazing. Might have to pick one up.

The CE24 is interesting as a way to get into the 85/15s, but that's about it to me. Would be interested in a CE22 though.

I listened to the first minute or two last night (all I had time for). That semi-hollow Baritone has secured first place in my "Next PRSi" GAS list.

Probably summer time before I move on that, though. By which time something else might have secured "first place" in its stead.

OK, so as a follow-up, finally watched the video all the way through on home PC with pretty good sound system attached. The stuff at about 16:00, and more beyond, has got me hooked, especially on the 277, but the CE sounds darned fine too.

I'm gonna go play on my MM Baritone right now just to see if I can get the same vibe going, but I suspect not...

Back