PRS SuperModels VST Plugin

watelessness

I was shopping at waves.com today because aside from giving PRS great big gobs of money, i also give gobs of it to Waves, as it seems oddly more satisfying to buy software that doesn't quite solve my problems instead of giving it to real audio engineers. I happened to notice that PRS SuperModels was available from the "get this for free if you buy two other plugins" list. Well, well, well.

I have an Archon 100 and a Dallas, so why would i need those modelers? But, i don't have the Blue Sierra, so, well played, Waves, well played: Now i can satisfy both my purchase compulsions with one a single gob of money. Shake my damn head.

I'm not intending to get into a "tubes vs. solid state" or "amps vs. modelers" discussion because, well, obviously it's tubes and amps, not even close, just like it's blue guitars over all other colors. :p I am, however, interested if anyone with the amps has compared them to the modelers, and what anyone without the amps thinks of the modelers. If for some reason you do not fit either of those categories, i reckon i'll entertain your observation as long as it's limited to 200 words or less, which will automatically exclude you long-winded types. ta.

I have the PRS Supermodels plugin but not those particular amps. However, I have two real PRS amps here, so there's that.

The PRS Supermodels plugin is one of the few I'm willing to use when messing around creating parts. It sounds pretty good, and has some nice features. For example, you can use IRs with it.

It has an auto gain input control to get the input level right, which is important when using a modeler.

Back