PRS Single Cut for Peter Green out of phase pickups

SonicBlue

For years I've wanted to set up a Peter Green guitar with the 'out of phase' mod and with his unfortunate passing, it's been on my mind to start looking for the guitar. I already bought the pickups, just haven't found the guitar yet.

What are your thoughts on a SC245 vs a SC 594 as a candidate to host a set of Peter Green magnet flipped PAFs from Throbak? You can get their PG-102 MXV's with or without the magnet flip.

I love WideFat, Pattern and Pattern Vintage necks enough that one wouldn't necessarily sway me over the other. Pickups aren't a consideration because I'd be swapping them. I do like lighter guitars over heavier ones.

Thoughts? Am I missing another SC core model that I should consider?

Tribute to Peter Green by Dave Simpson

Last edited:
There's always the original SC 2000 - 2007 (except the law suite years). One of my favorites.

For simplicity, and beauty, find a used Stripper...(Stripped '58)…inexpensive, killer LP's, only, you know...better...;):D
When you said stripped 58, I thought you were saying to find a Gibson R8 that had been stripped, I didn't realize there was a PRS model like that. Very interesting, thanks.

There's always the original SC 2000 - 2007 (except the law suite years). One of my favorites.
Thank you, I haven't looked at those much but appears like a great option.

Last edited:
My Boy, Blue!!! (oy, quoting Will Ferrell, it must be Friday!!!) No worries...If you can find one, they're great.
And Don't pay crazy A$$ prices for those "Pre-Lawsuit" SCs...They're great, no doubt...But no different than any of the other of the same SC model.
Actually, PRS is one of the few (the only???) that really continues to try and actually improve design (not just save $$$, cut corners/costs)...so newer, more recent ones may actually be better.(YMMV)
Happy Friday, BTW!!!

Last edited:
I can say that the SC594 would be great for that. A forum member has been down that road, and really like the results, IIRC. The Stripped 58 would be a great guitar for it, too.

Back