PRS Single Cut for Peter Green out of phase pickups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SonicBlue, Jul 30, 2020.

1. SonicBlue

SonicBlue New Member

For years I've wanted to set up a Peter Green guitar with the 'out of phase' mod and with his unfortunate passing, it's been on my mind to start looking for the guitar. I already bought the pickups, just haven't found the guitar yet.

What are your thoughts on a SC245 vs a SC 594 as a candidate to host a set of Peter Green magnet flipped PAFs from Throbak? You can get their PG-102 MXV's with or without the magnet flip.

I love WideFat, Pattern and Pattern Vintage necks enough that one wouldn't necessarily sway me over the other. Pickups aren't a consideration because I'd be swapping them. I do like lighter guitars over heavier ones.

Thoughts? Am I missing another SC core model that I should consider?

Tribute to Peter Green by Dave Simpson

#1 SonicBlue, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    bodia and Tele295 like this.
  2. AP515

AP515 Mostly Normal

There's always the original SC 2000 - 2007 (except the law suite years). One of my favorites.

3. Bill SAS 513

Bill SAS 513 Just another old guy in a T-shirt

For simplicity, and beauty, find a used Stripper...(Stripped '58)…inexpensive, killer LP's, only, you know...better...;):D

Herr Squid, Alnus Rubra and AP515 like this.
  4. SonicBlue

SonicBlue New Member

When you said stripped 58, I thought you were saying to find a Gibson R8 that had been stripped, I didn't realize there was a PRS model like that. Very interesting, thanks.

Thank you, I haven't looked at those much but appears like a great option.

#4 SonicBlue, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Bill SAS 513 likes this.
  5. Bill SAS 513

Bill SAS 513 Just another old guy in a T-shirt

My Boy, Blue!!! (oy, quoting Will Ferrell, it must be Friday!!!) No worries...If you can find one, they're great.
    And Don't pay crazy A$$ prices for those "Pre-Lawsuit" SCs...They're great, no doubt...But no different than any of the other of the same SC model.
    Actually, PRS is one of the few (the only???) that really continues to try and actually improve design (not just save $$$, cut corners/costs)...so newer, more recent ones may actually be better.(YMMV)
    Happy Friday, BTW!!!

#5 Bill SAS 513, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Tahlee likes this.
  6. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I can say that the SC594 would be great for that. A forum member has been down that road, and really like the results, IIRC. The Stripped 58 would be a great guitar for it, too.