PRS SE One

Hey Everyone. I recently acquired the Korina with bird inlays and besides wanting to add a tortosie pickguard I plan to keep it stock. I also have my eye on another SE ONE in White. I was wondering though, does anybody know if it's possible or has tried to drop an EMG 81 in it? If the EMG will not work then I want to put a DiMarzio DP169 Virtual P90.

Last edited:
just picked up a Korina One at a steal. changed the scratchplate to tortoise shell and the pickup cover to cream. hmmm

Picks to follow when I get home tonight
Hello, I just joined the group. Do you still have this guitar? If so I'd like to see pics if you still have the tortoise and cream pup cover.

Good Morning!

This is my first post in the PRS community.

After watching Phil X on a you tube video explain why guitars with only bridge pick ups are "best" and the resulting google searches I stumbled upon words like P90 and SE One. I had been on the PRS website in the past but for me it was more like shopping in case I strike it rich somehow.
Further research showed me that the SE models are indeed affordable and a few clicks later the discontinued SE One was suddenly still available a half hours drive away at my "LGS" in the form of a new/old demo guitar in very new condition although at the time I didn't care or ask from what year it was. It is mine now.
It has a Serial number starting with a capital "i". From what I understand that means, made in 2008.
From When to When was the SE One produced and, during its years, was it tweaked in any way that would make one production year maybe more interesting than the others? I cannot find alot of official information on this exact model on the web.

Thanks in advance for any help one can offer!

mAd
Not sure if you still need serial info as I have just joined but here you go. According to PRS the letter " i " was made in 2008. Here is the link to the PRS serial numbers. Just scroll down till you see the SE Models. https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/year.html

To use a full sized humbucker you would have to route out the pickup cavity. Plus, there may not be room for the battery under the pickguard. There are a bazillion options that don't require any chopping in your guitar.

And welcome!

IMG_1308_zps1c6480eb.jpg

There are 2 more versions available. a korina with birds and a seafoam green (rk signature, see Dane's post for pictures) They are all the same except the Korina version which is made of korina (surprise) instead of mahogany.
I like 'm a lot :D
Sea foam for sale in Florida! Check Reverb!

Excellent and welcome! I'm a proud owner of a Korina SE One too!
me three!! Actually, I've owned two Korina SE Ones... About six years ago I had a great opportunity to grab the Mira of my dreams - a NOS vintage Mahogany ultra-light with a one piece body that just sang. I loved the guitar and jumped on the deal (I still have the Mira today), but part of the trade included me giving up my original SE One Korina, which was a guitar I was pretty damned fond of... But I reasoned I could always find another SE One cheap, and I really wanted this Mira, so the deal was done...

Here's an old pic of my original before it was traded away...

p9K8Jig.jpg

Finally, about five years later, I found a replacement SE One Korina... I won't buy a guitar without playing it first anymore, and there were just NONE available in my neck of the woods for ages and ages... I passed on a standard SE One a couple years ago, and I was getting kind of bummed about possibility of ever getting another, so when this one came up on Kijiji, I jumped on it. I'm really pleased to have another in the fold. I know some people don't like them, but I love the birds and binding!

S5k5DSp.jpg

I loved the guitar as is, but when I had a chance to pick up a Thorn Staple Top for it I jumped at the opportunity... and it it made a great guitar even better!

u1EY3mQ.jpg

I love these guitars!

Good Morning!

This is my first post in the PRS community.

After watching Phil X on a you tube video explain why guitars with only bridge pick ups are "best" and the resulting google searches I stumbled upon words like P90 and SE One. I had been on the PRS website in the past but for me it was more like shopping in case I strike it rich somehow.
Further research showed me that the SE models are indeed affordable and a few clicks later the discontinued SE One was suddenly still available a half hours drive away at my "LGS" in the form of a new/old demo guitar in very new condition although at the time I didn't care or ask from what year it was. It is mine now.
It has a Serial number starting with a capital "i". From what I understand that means, made in 2008.
From When to When was the SE One produced and, during its years, was it tweaked in any way that would make one production year maybe more interesting than the others? I cannot find alot of official information on this exact model on the web.

Thanks in advance for any help one can offer!

mAd
My first post , also.....a couple of months ago I got my first SE One..(sunburst) .I was attracted to it for the "wide/fat" neck (which I have long preferred over my Fenders) as well as the P-90 pickup. My first good guitar was a 1960 Les Paul Jr doublecut, which sounds awesome but just isn't great for live playing...doesn't stay in tune...but it's still my yardstick against which I compare any guitar for tonal qualities. When I received my SE One (bought on Ebay) the first thing I did was marvel at the quality of the neck profile and the balance of the guitar, and then I A/B'd it against my LP Jr, and was amazed. The PRS P-90 was VERY close to my original 56 year old P-90. I find it hard to put this guitar down. However, there were a couple of weaknesses that I had to correct....I didn't like the lack of a tone control, as I utilyze the tone control constantly.The other thing I wanted was a neck pickup. Long story short....I routed for a Tele neck pickup, and rear routed a new control cavity for volume and tone controls...putting them somewhat between the bridge and the output jack. The original volume control position on the pickguard became the pickup selector toggle switch. Some people might say why not just buy a PRS soapbar(?) but I'm just a customizer, and probably would take a Soapbar and start whacking away at that. Now I have exactly the axe I want that FEELS PERFECT!!!!! Oh, I also changed the P-90 pickup cover to black, so it more resembles a vintage LP Jr. It is truly the most comfortable and easy-playing guitar I have ever tried....and they're no longer available....oh well....I've got mine. Best wishes to all.....

My first post , also.....a couple of months ago I got my first SE One..(sunburst) .I was attracted to it for the "wide/fat" neck (which I have long preferred over my Fenders) as well as the P-90 pickup. My first good guitar was a 1960 Les Paul Jr doublecut, which sounds awesome but just isn't great for live playing...doesn't stay in tune...but it's still my yardstick against which I compare any guitar for tonal qualities. When I received my SE One (bought on Ebay) the first thing I did was marvel at the quality of the neck profile and the balance of the guitar, and then I A/B'd it against my LP Jr, and was amazed. The PRS P-90 was VERY close to my original 56 year old P-90. I find it hard to put this guitar down. However, there were a couple of weaknesses that I had to correct....I didn't like the lack of a tone control, as I utilyze the tone control constantly.The other thing I wanted was a neck pickup. Long story short....I routed for a Tele neck pickup, and rear routed a new control cavity for volume and tone controls...putting them somewhat between the bridge and the output jack. The original volume control position on the pickguard became the pickup selector toggle switch. Some people might say why not just buy a PRS soapbar(?) but I'm just a customizer, and probably would take a Soapbar and start whacking away at that. Now I have exactly the axe I want that FEELS PERFECT!!!!! Oh, I also changed the P-90 pickup cover to black, so it more resembles a vintage LP Jr. It is truly the most comfortable and easy-playing guitar I have ever tried....and they're no longer available....oh well....I've got mine. Best wishes to all.....
Cool! How about some pics?

Back