PRS SE CUSTOM 24 - BEST UPGRADES

Bridge and delivery cost more than a third of what I paid for the guitar hahaha well I can’t afford a core yet and they say the poor man pays twice. I hear only great things so I’m looking forward to this

Sounds Like The Next Upgrade Needs To Be To A Core.

You could always do just the Mann tremolo block upgrade and a set of pickups. If looking outside the world of PRS pickups, I for one am partial to the Bare Knuckle Offerings. Depending on what your tastes are regarding output, Stormy Mondays and Mules are great sets for PAF type tones, for something a little hotter, I like the VHII and the Riff Raff sets, if you want to go for super high output that will drive the front of an amp really hard, there's the Cold Sweat or the Miracle Man set, the latter essentially being passive versions of Zakk Wylde's active EMG's.

I’m looking for a core for me first and foremost but for something I can gift my son when he’s of age and if he has the inclination, a family piece in memory of my late (way better than me music wise) youngest brother

Last edited:
Any advice on installation other then watch the video and follow the instructions? Any major risks to be aware of, first PRS Trem replacement

Well, blazing fast delivery across the pond from JohnMann now I gotta sit and wait for customs to tell me how much extra I gotta pay to release it and hope I don’t screw up the swap out.

Just had to pay the lovely guys at customs another €90 all in so hoping to receive the bridge this week, maybe even the amber lampshades as they’re tracked delivery this time.

I changed the tuners to John Mann locking tuners and added small bone faux tuner buttons.
10-E79794-8-CDC-430-D-87-B2-BDA303-AFF878.avif

At this stage I’ll be installing a Bridge I paid €350 euro for on a Guitar I paid €730 for haha

I was going to get a John Mann tremolo for my se dgt but it's $225. I have a Musically brass block installed. I was thinking just adding the John Mann saddles at $105. Is there a difference between the John Mann tremolo base from the SE tremolo base.

I was going to get a John Mann tremolo for my se dgt but it's $225. I have a Musically brass block installed. I was thinking just adding the John Mann saddles at $105. Is there a difference between the John Mann tremolo base from the SE tremolo base.
I’m could t say but $105 for just saddles vs 225 for a full swap I’d take the 225, screw springs etc come with that

First off...
REPLACE the SE nut with a PRS Core nut (wide/fat/thin). BEST bang for the $$$
Regarding the bridge... the complete PRS/MANN bridge (#2040) the your top choice. If budget does not allow that, than the next best step is the upgrade kit, which includes block, saddles and mounting screws). Next after that is the block and then the saddles.

Last edited:
Just sayin' ... you get what you pay for.

Regarding the SE block... (excuse my french) but it's cr*p. (did I say that out loud? I hope Paul doesn't hear that !) Same with the saddles ;-)

Back