PRS SE CUSTOM 24 - BEST UPGRADES

Will see if I can resolve with pliers tomorrow other wise I’ll have to try to find a drill to drill her out and refill and f*ck it just buy a core

Will see if I can resolve with pliers tomorrow other wise I’ll have to try to find a drill to drill her out and refill and f*ck it just buy a core

Pliers should be able to get it out. Vicegrips?

The day I came home with another se with full plans to full mod that one too. I started thinking about it and said why? Started my hunt night. That was the best decision I ever made.

Pliers should be able to get it out. Vicegrips?

The day I came home with another se with full plans to full mod that one too. I started thinking about it and said why? Started my hunt night. That was the best decision I ever made.
I hope I can draw the shaft out with pliers and I was provided 7 screws not six so it maybe salvageable

I grew up with an engineering background so I’ll try a few things tomorrow but really pi$$ed at myself right now.
I guess the Gretsch or tremonti will fill the space tonight

If you mean head of the trem knife edges screws then take the other five out, pull the bridge out and there should be enough shaft there to use vise grips on. (insert bad sex joke here).
Yep I got the others out safely, just the tip showing so will get the pliers / grips out and hopefully recover.

Edit: snapped screw removed, stress levels high approaching the last chance to get this in.

Last edited:
I know everyone will be sick of my posting by now so I apologise, but just been sat playing even unplugged and this guitar has came to life, I can’t recommend this bridge upgrade enough, seriously it’s like a different guitar.

Edit: Forgot to say the Amber Lampshades arrived the same day so added them for some increased sonic response 😂 in all seriousness I do like how they look

Last edited:
Thanks - We don't fool around! ;)
That’s for sure, thanks again, it also allowed me to get the action to where I want which I couldn’t do with the old SE bridge, maybe it was seated too high to begin with.

Hello everybody,

I have a PRS SE custom 24 lefty, it was a gift so it's very sentimental (i like how the neck feels and the playabelity) and recently, i would like to know what are the best pickups that can be installed on the prs, and what kind of upgrades can be done to have the ultimate PRS SE CUSTOM 24?
Ps : I mainly play instrumental (like joe satriani, mateus asato and some blues/pop like john mayer and others...)
I prefere the warmth sound.

Thank you in advance for your answers
Maybe start new thread? Putting Seymour Duncan sh4 and sh2 in my prs to get more sustaining rings like Santana in “Smooth” video. Hope the wiring is the same as with the 85/15s.. Does Seymour Duncan provide wiring diagram? Thanks

Maybe start new thread? Putting Seymour Duncan sh4 and sh2 in my prs to get more sustaining rings like Santana in “Smooth” video. Hope the wiring is the same as with the 85/15s.. Does Seymour Duncan provide wiring diagram? Thanks
Wires are a different color code but SD has all the diagrams you could want on their website..

Back