PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by Desperado, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Desperado

Desperado New Member

I bought one of these guitars, and overall it's great, the problem I have is the G string is much louder than the other strings when the piezo is engaged. I'm wondering how I can turn down the individual string volume. I looked on the PRS site and it stated that volume adjustment can be made via turning some screws inside the battery compartment. I assume this is talking about the USA made guitars, because there is nothing obvious inside the SE which would allow me to do that.

Would be grateful for any info. At this point the piezo is unusable as all I can hear is the G string droning over the top every chord I play.

2. Desperado

Desperado New Member

Shawn from the PTC e-mailed me. Apparently with the SE model there is no way to adjust the individual string volume of the piezo. This unfortunately means that I will need to return the guitar, which is a real shame as I actually really like it.

3. Tahlee

Tahlee Tollywood Rhode Island

Hopefully, you will bond with it’s replacement.

Desperado likes this.
  4. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

For everyone's info, here is a pic of an SE piezo board. I circled the area where the master trim pot is located.
    The SE piezo does not have individual trims pots like those found on the core piezo system.

board.jpg

RiserGrease, dogrocketp, JonW and 9 others like this.
  5. Planter

Planter New Member

That's unfortunate. Good luck with the next one. I was wondering if the LR baggs system were the same as the ones in the core.

Desperado likes this.
  6. Desperado

Desperado New Member

Thanks, I'm just waiting for them to get another in stock, they are selling these really fast here in the UK. I'll give them another call tomorrow for an update as I'm leaving for France on Friday for a couple of weeks. They are a decent store so I know they'll do their best for me.

dmatthews likes this.
  7. CandidPicker

CandidPicker Mostly An Educated Guess

D,

To be sure the next HBII Piezo doesn't have the same issue, you might need to check that the G-String is unwound. A wound G-String might cause a noticeable volume difference. Strings from the factory are .010-.046, with an unwound G.

I didn't think of this before you had already sent the original HBII Piezo back...

dogrocketp and Desperado like this.
  8. Desperado

Desperado New Member

It was an unwound string. I don't use wound G strings. The guitar is being swapped over today, the store had to wait a while to get a blue one in and I have been on holiday too so there have been some delays. They are looking after me though. The one arriving today has been tested and works as it should so I'm looking forward to it arriving.

9. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

Sorry yours is a problem. Mine is fine, probably because it's blue.

bodia likes this.
  10. RiserGrease

RiserGrease New Member

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!
    My piezo was dialed in WAY hotter than the magnetics and it was distorting coming out of a super clean SS amp. Problem solved!

[email protected] likes this.