Hollowbody II piezo - dead spot

Howdy.
I have a Hollowbody II Piezo guitar vintage 2008, pickups archtop.
I bought it second-hand - it's like new. I'm just getting to know her. It has its own specific woody character - it is beautifully played.

However, I found that there is a dead spot on the D string at the 8th fret. The tone (Bflat) fades quickly.
The tone (Bflat) fades quickly. On the 7th fret (tone A) the wolf tone is carved.
When playing over an amplifier it is not so terrible, but sometimes when playing quieter it is really noticeable...
I tested if the sensors, frames, etc. did not resonate. Everything is ok...

Do you have any experience with this? Is there anything that can be done about it? Thank you all.

About all that you can do is experiment with adding a little weight to the headstock. Put the headstock against a door frame or wall and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, look into something like the Fat Finger. You could clamp something like that on it and resolve it.

No I want to see the pics of the door frame attached to the headstock ;)

Try raising the action just a bit and or checking that fret area with a fret rocker , I have found 99% of issues like this can be fixed with set up IE fret dress , action/trussrod , reseat a fret , also don't rule out strings
This is a great point. I made the assumption that these types of things had already been looked at and determined to not be the cause of the issue.

Vše, co můžete udělat, je experimentovat s přidáním malého závaží na vřeteník. Přiložte vřeteník k rámu dveří nebo ke zdi a zjistěte, zda se tím problém vyřeší. Pokud ano, podívejte se do něčeho, jako je Tlustý prst. Mohli byste na něj něco takového upevnit a vyřešit to.

About all that you can do is experiment with adding a little weight to the headstock. Put the headstock against a door frame or wall and see if that fixes the issue. If it does, look into something like the Fat Finger. You could clamp something like that on it and resolve it.
Yes, I did. If I rest my neck on something solid, the resonance changes and the string sounds long on that fret. Thank you, I'll try Fat Finger...

Try raising the action just a bit and or checking that fret area with a fret rocker , I have found 99% of issues like this can be fixed with set up IE fret dress , action/trussrod , reseat a fret , also don't rule out strings
Thanks a lot for these solution options, this is a great chance to solve this problem!

Yes, I did. If I rest my neck on something solid, the resonance changes and the string sounds long on that fret. Thank you, I'll try Fat Finger...
You may be able to add weight in various places, or possibly remove weight to resolve it. One thing that may work is changing the tuner buttons to something lighter. Unfortunately these guitars don't have an electronics cavity you can easily get into. I have read of some adding weight in the body and affecting it. I am not sure if that really works. All of the solutions I have seen work involve the neck/headstock.

Thanks. I will try more options. I don't really know much about it while playing. he just had to play a long tone in this place. You want to take care of the instrument when you love it so much :)

Back