PRS SE EG instead of trying with Strat

I echo the thought if you want a start buy one. Used Eric Clapton starts sell used for around $800 and they are the pinnacle of the start sound. The Lace sensors are super quiet, the neck is a modified v so t is really easy to play and the 24 db boost on board can go from really clean and chimes to almost hum bucker like sound. Clapton, Townshend and Gilmour tone nailed. I have not heard any of the PRS single coils so I cannot compare but the Clapton guitar is really nice and yet they do not sell well on the used market so there are some good deals out there. PS, damn auto correct!

Sorry to double dip but a 305 with the clapton electronics would be killer.

I emigrated here after decades in the F camp. I umm.... have a few Fenders. Guits and amps. I will preach F in certain applications from the mountaintop, but... PRS playability and consistency really have my attention now.

EGs are really neat, but SE EGs are really in the F ballpark imho (in spite of set neck). I have a white/tortoise trem s/s/s Seeg, and it is the bee's knees for what it's trying to do. And all of it is stock, and with a cracked neck joint repair. My thought was that it's like a Strat on 11 or 12. Everything is just beefier.

I have the same guitar as Furtive. It`s the only single coil I`ll play. The F guitars Cases are getting dusty after all these years. The G guitars, which I started playing when I was 16 are long gone.

Back