PRS SE Custom 24 comes without a gig bag. Is it the same guitar or cheaper version?

Haffe

PRS SE Custom 24 came without a gig bag. Is it the same guitar or cheaper version?

Hey guys
First post from a happy owner of a Santana SE guitar since 2012.
A while ago I started thinking about buying my second SE. Tried several models in a local GC and was surprised with versatility and bright, airy tone of a SE Custom 24. When I came back after couple of days it was sold so I purchased the same model online. Today it was delivered in a triangular box and without a gig bag. I was a bit disappointed, got to a customer service and the guy said the order was shipped directly from PRS. "Also it's not advertised to come with a gig bag."
Honestly, I don't care about that gig bag very much since I have couple of spare ones. My question is - do you guys think that the guitar that goes without a bag is of the same quality/wood grade/electronics as the one with a bag? Isn't it kinda cheaper version aimed at cheaper customers?
I was always happy with the tone and quality of my SE Santana. Wouldn't like to have a major disappointment with my new Custom 24.
Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
All SEs come with a gig bag. GC screwed up. They do this with cases on PRSes too, Ive seen it many times before.

This has been hashed out here many times.
Guitar Center does not get a gig bag from PRS.
Other dealers do.

By the way, my intro to PRS was a 2012 SE Santana, and my next purchace was a 2012 SE Custom 24 also.

GC doesn't get them because they asked not to get them.

Cheapskate bastids! Buy elsewhere next time.

This has been hashed out here many times.
Guitar Center does not get a gig bag from PRS.
Other dealers do.
Wow I checked GC/MFs site and you are right. Ive never heard this before. Well if this is not a ringing endorsement to buy elsewhere! Ha

To the OP , though, enjoy the guitar, its the same quality as anywhere else. :D

Thanks, folks, foryour input!
I knowthat selling SEs without bags is GC's dealer preference. Took it from thatthread http://prsguitars.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2468.html Not a biggy for me.
I justwould be happy to make sure that my SE CU24 is of the same quality(wood/electronics/craftsmanship) as any SE CU24 selling elsewhere with a bag. Not some stuffthat didn't pass QC in Korea for some reason...

You have nothing to worry about. It's the exact same build quality you'll find elsewhere.

You have nothing to worry about. It's the exact same build quality you'll find elsewhere.

they just want to be able to sell you a case or gig bag separately.

i bought a Boss ME 80 from them and was able to negotiate a $29.99 A/C adaptor into the deal for free. I thought I did well only to find that if you buy a ME 80 anywhere else, the adaptor comes with it in the box for the same price.

Back