First PRS in a Long While

Gridlock

Just joined last week after purchasing my first PRS guitar, after about a 12 year hiatus.

I’ve always been a Gibson Les Paul guy (currently own 4) and l also usually have a Fender Stratocaster and Telecaster in my collection.

I’ve owned two other PRS guitars years ago, but didn’t keep them long. Good guitars, but I usually replaced them with my usual Gibson and Fender brand guitars.

Last weekend I was in one of my two favorite guitar shops and noticed a used PRS SE Santana hanging on the wall.

A very good looking guitar. I asked how much? Needless to say, I walked out with the guitar and the original PRS gig bag for a good price.

From my web search’s, this is a 2012 model. Definitely in mint condition and it looks to have upgraded Grover tuners installed (looks like a factory installation with no extra holes).

I am very impressed with the guitar. It looks good, plays good, stays in tune, and sounds good, I’ve already added strap lock buttons and I believe that it’s a keeper.

Thinking that I may need to look into higher end PRS guitars.

My only issue with the guitar is it has a blank truss rod cover and I can’t find a replacement factory PRS Logo Truss Rod cover anywhere.

Last edited:
Congrats on the find. Great SE's came out of that era.

Korean SE TRC's are a slightly different size than USA or Indo versions. I got one from here. They also have an option for a custom photo TRC which I used for my SE 245 Soapbar:

BPD38229.jpg

Last edited:
Back