PRS Santana Single Cut Trem SE Egyptian Gold

Tele295

Maluhia
Has anybody had an experience with these guitars? When I saw Santana in February, he played one for part of his long medley of songs, for 3rd Stone From The Sun. It was the only trem guitar he played all night - the rest were stoptails.

I don’t have a PRS with a trem, nor one with 24 frets. I like the gold, but I may have to go with more traditional gold top cream and amber details.

Anyway, thoughts are welcome.

I’ve toyed with the thought of one of these.

I may have to go with more traditional gold top cream and amber details.

Agreed! It really needs cream rings and amber lampshades...

.... a Core nut, and some locking tuners...

... May as well get some of those faux bones tuner buttons..

... You know, it’d be rad to drill a third hole for a second volume knob, and it’d still look right and fit because they look like they used the same template/program for regular Santana’s.... so then I guess another two pack of amber lampshades..

Oh! And I gotta get a cream switch tip, and I guess as long as I’m adding that second volume knob... I may as well go ahead and get a whole new wiring setup.

..... Ehh... you know, this black tip on the trem is gonna look stupid with the other cream parts, I’ll go look at what John Mann has. I’m sure I can just buy an arm or maybe... just the tip?

.... aaannnd... I mean, sure these pickups sound nice but... since they’re, ya know, uninstalled from the guitar already.... oh look, there’s a used set of Dragon I’s for sale... that’s not bad... Ahh.. I’ll just put in a low bid and see what happens..

... But... maybe... maybe I’d like something a little more... less output? Are there any used 57/08’s for sale? Lemme check... Oh really? There’s a P22 neck pickup that’s pretty cheap... geez, do people even know what this is?

Okay...

G*dd*mnit!! Every f@ckin’ TIME!!!! Now I got another $1500 “cheap” guitar. :oops::rolleyes::p

I’ve toyed with the thought of one of these.

Agreed! It really needs cream rings and amber lampshades...

.... a Core nut, and some locking tuners...

... May as well get some of those faux bones tuner buttons..

... You know, it’d be rad to drill a third hole for a second volume knob, and it’d still look right and fit because they look like they used the same template/program for regular Santana’s.... so then I guess another two pack of amber lampshades..

Oh! And I gotta get a cream switch tip, and I guess as long as I’m adding that second volume knob... I may as well go ahead and get a whole new wiring setup.

..... Ehh... you know, this black tip on the trem is gonna look stupid with the other cream parts, I’ll go look at what John Mann has. I’m sure I can just buy an arm or maybe... just the tip?

.... aaannnd... I mean, sure these pickups sound nice but... since they’re, ya know, uninstalled from the guitar already.... oh look, there’s a used set of Dragon I’s for sale... that’s not bad... Ahh.. I’ll just put in a low bid and see what happens..

... But... maybe... maybe I’d like something a little more... less output? Are there any used 57/08’s for sale? Lemme check... Oh really? There’s a P22 neck pickup that’s pretty cheap... geez, do people even know what this is?

Okay...

G*dd*mnit!! Every f@ckin’ TIME!!!! Now I got another $1500 “cheap” guitar. :oops::rolleyes::p

Sounds like you’re GASsing up a wee bit!;)

Carlos-Santana@1400x1050.jpg

Back