PRS S2 Singlecut semi-hollow comments

Biggsy

Joined the forum here recently, while I was waiting for my new guitar to get here via FedEx
I'm actually a drummer, and while I have certainly doodled around with the guitar over the years, I've never been super serious about it - maybe because I was always so good with the drums that I didn't feel the need.
Anyhow, for some reason, something clicked in me over the last few months, and I decided that I really wanted to get serious with the guitar.
I've been playing probably an average of 2-3 hours per day, every day, for about the last month or so.
It's amazing how much I've managed to improve in that time.

Thing is, my whole life I've always had a couple guitars around. Nothing particularly nice, just your typical student type guitar, in the $500 or less range.
They never stayed in tune, and always had intonation issues, and it really made playing them just a not very pleasant experience.
I never realized how much better it would be with an instrument that came out of the box perfectly setup and ready to play, with notes that didn't get sharp or flat depending on where I was on the neck.

I have to say, this new PRS has got to be one of the nicest instruments I've ever owned.
It plays beautifully, feels just right in my hands, and really makes me want to play even more!

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that want the best of the best, and nothing less - but for someone who is learning, and hasn't ever owned a "good" guitar, the S2 is a real eye opener.

I'll stop ranting now, but just wanted to share my experience in case there's anyone else out there who is on the fence.

Excuse the disaster in my laundry room.... errr... guitar area :)

ax7O9K.jpg

Nice! Just got a new S2 Standard myself, NGD post forthcoming. I would agree though, these are really nice guitars, at any price point. The playability is terrific. And the #7 pickups are much better than I was expecting, they really sound good, no need to upgrade. Sort of a combination of a classic sounding PAF with a slightly more modern/airy feel to them. Love the split coil option a lot, I use that almost 50% of the time.

Glad you found something you like, and will play it more. Pretty much the whole reason to buy a new guitar like the PRS S2.

Congrats on the new guitar! While I don't own one, I have played them at the local store and you are right on with your assessment. You have a nice amp as well which will help you get great tone!!! Enjoy
It took me a long time to understand timing in my playing (some might say that I am still learning). Coming from the drums, you have an advantage...

Back