PRS S2 Acoustic???

kawaivpc1

I'd love to see PRS S2 Angelus, S2 Tonare Grand...

What do you guys think?

Also, PRS S2 Angelus Satin would be amazing.....
and they should come up with a hybrid nylon guitar like Taylor's 114CE-N and Yamaha NTX1200.

.... what about PRS S2 12 String Acoustic Satin???

Last edited:
S2 Angelus Satin. Yes please. I'd love to be "all in" with a PRS acoustic but PS is out of my reach and I really don't like the gloss and plastic binding on the SEs.

My current acoustic has got very little finish on it (rosewood/spruce) and it sounds fantastic.

As long as it doesn't have a scarf joint...oh, wait a minute, my Taylors have that...oh well, nevermind ;)

I think an S2 acoustic would indeed be a good bridging of the gap. I liked the SE Angelii (???) I played a year or two ago (had a chance to play the Standard and Deluxe ones side-by-side when they had them) and they sounded and felt great.

If they did an S2 acoustic, I would like to see something that's all solid wood (no laminates). If they could bring something in at a decent price point it would be some nice competition for the Taylors and Martins in that range...

Yamaha has all solid wood guitars for under $xxx so it should be possible. That said, if prs could get a solid wood one under xx that would be the acoustic I would buy.

S2 Angelus Satin. Yes please. I'd love to be "all in" with a PRS acoustic but PS is out of my reach and I really don't like the gloss and plastic binding on the SEs.

My current acoustic has got very little finish on it (rosewood/spruce) and it sounds fantastic.
I'm kinda with ya here. I like satin acoustics, mine is as well. I'd love to be all in. I feel like I made a huge mistake not buying a Tonare Grand when they were part of the core line briefly. More expensive than I wanted to pay for an acoustic at the time though. I've seen them go used for some pretty low money which is sad. I haven't had the money to pull the trigger in any of the instances. I don't play acoustic often, but when I do, I wish it was a PRS.

It would be very cool - I played a buddy's new Takamine acoustic last weekend, it had a killer satin finish. I love the SE acoustics for most everything except the gloss.

Unfortunately, I think an acoustic is much more labor intensive to make than an electric, and by any method of making them in the USA, they would be quite expensive. Which makes me sad!

The problem is those private stock acoustic guitars are way too expensive for the most of us. Their price is similar to that of the most expensive top of the line Taylor guitars.

Apparently, not many people can even touch them. Even popular guitarists choose to use SE acoustics which are certainly behind Martin and Taylor guitars in that price range. I saw Mark Tremonti and Clint Lowery using SE acoustic guitars.

So, I think USA made cheaper S2 acoustic guitars will do justice for many guys. I hope they can be sold for xxx...Honestly, I prefer those S2 electric guitars over core line guitars. They feel and sound like PRS at only 30% of core line's price. S2 acoustic with a lower price tag won't be impossible.... see how Taylor can make amazing 114CE guitars for only $xxx. 114CE has everything an acoustic guitar should have and it's affordable.

Satin finish is always better for acoustic guitars. Acoustic guitars have tighter strings so its neck gets easily sticky with gloss finish.

@justmund

Exactly, I hate gloss finish and plastic binding on SE acoustic guitars.
Those Korean made SE acoustic guitars and older SE electric guitars are very bad... They're not even close to other USA made PRS guitars.
SE line became better since 2012 with newer design and stuffs...(beveled top, blade switch, finish, etc)
I had an old SE custom and I think it's much worse than Epiphone or Fender in that price range.
SE acoustic guitars are much behind Taylor 114CE and Martin GPCPA5 which costs $xxx - $xxx.

@justmund

Exactly, I hate gloss finish and plastic binding on SE acoustic guitars.
Those Korean made SE acoustic guitars and older SE electric guitars are very bad... They're not even close to other USA made PRS guitars.
SE line became better since 2012 with newer design and stuffs...(beveled top, blade switch, finish, etc)
I had an old SE custom and I think it's much worse than Epiphone or Fender in that price range.
SE acoustic guitars are much behind Taylor 114CE and Martin GPCPA5 which costs $xxx - $xxx.

I have a very early Santana SE. You can see it in my 277 thread. It's fit, finish and playability are light years ahead of the MIM start I bought before it and the same for the Epiphones I was looking at at the time.

To each their own, but the SE line has been a winner from the beginning.

The problem is those private stock acoustic guitars are way too expensive for the most of us. Their price is similar to that of the most expensive top of the line Taylor guitars.

Apparently, not many people can even touch them. Even popular guitarists choose to use SE acoustics which are certainly behind Martin and Taylor guitars in that price range. I saw Mark Tremonti and Clint Lowery using SE acoustic guitars.

So, I think USA made cheaper S2 acoustic guitars will do justice for many guys. I hope they can be sold for xxx...Honestly, I prefer those S2 electric guitars over core line guitars. They feel and sound like PRS at only 30% of core line's price. S2 acoustic with a lower price tag won't be impossible.... see how Taylor can make amazing 114CE guitars for only $xxx. 114CE has everything an acoustic guitar should have and it's affordable.

Satin finish is always better for acoustic guitars. Acoustic guitars have tighter strings so its neck gets easily sticky with gloss finish.
"Certainly behind" and "always better" are matters of opinion, not fact. I've played the 114 and 214 Taylors and they didn't do anything for me at all. I agree the S2 will be what many want in the acoustic line want.

@vchizzle

Yes, it's an opinion... but I just felt that way.
I think SE Bass guitars are incredible though.
I have one Kestrel bass guitar. It feels and plays just like USA made electric guitars.
I like the newer SE guitars... they make more sense to me than their older ones from before 2011. I bought two of those old SE Custom 24 guitar from 2009. Its fretboard worn out in lightspeed. I sold it for $45 eventually. I got tired of fixing it....

That's a great news..
If they do kickstarter or indiegogo campaign on S2 Acoustic guitars, I would be interested in becoming a backer too.
As long as the three hundred thousands grant doesn't go to their private stock acoustic guitar department, I believe S2 acoustic can happen.

A PRS S2 12 string acoustic guitar would be awesome...

Last edited:
I'm kinda with ya here. I like satin acoustics, mine is as well. I'd love to be all in. I feel like I made a huge mistake not buying a Tonare Grand when they were part of the core line briefly. More expensive than I wanted to pay for an acoustic at the time though. I've seen them go used for some pretty low money which is sad. I haven't had the money to pull the trigger in any of the instances. I don't play acoustic often, but when I do, I wish it was a PRS.

I'll play mine in tribute to you tonight.

Any more opinion on this?
I wish we can see S2 Angelus Satin during this year....

Back