PRS Robben Ford model

I made an arbitrary list of influential PRS Artists that I'm familiar with who aren't geezer-y (which seems to be the objection OP has?):
  • Dustie Waring (sig)
  • John Mayer (sig)
  • Mark Holcomb (sig) (also Spencer Sotelo)
  • Mark Lettieri (sig)
  • Zach Myers (sig)
  • Myles Kennedy
  • Tyler Larson
  • Waterparks
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Opeth
  • The Contortionist
  • Of Mice & Men
  • Magnolia Blvd
  • Sophie Burrell
  • countless country names I don't know

Then I'm guessing you aren't much of a musician, nor can probably play the guitar very well. Because if you were either, you'd at least recognize that he's more or less one of the most technically proficient guitar players on the planet.

So, first you choose two jarringly different guitar types, neither of which was able to stay in business, as shining examples of forward thinking. Then you insult a guitar player because he's not a fan of someone that you are?

There's a line between being combative and argumentative, and being a jerk. Once you start telling someone they must not be much of a musician and probably can't play guitar very well, you've stepped over that line. If I were you, I'd probably step back over and stay on the other side if you want to get along here. Once you start making comments like that, you can quickly go from "annoying" to "ignored." But you know you've crossed that line. If you edit your post I'll edit this. We don't insult other guitar players here.

So, first you choose two jarringly different guitar types, neither of which was able to stay in business, as shining examples of forward thinking. Then you insult a guitar player because he's not a fan of someone that you are?

There's a line between being combative and argumentative, and being a jerk. Once you start telling someone they must not be much of a musician and probably can't play guitar very well, you've stepped over that line. If I were you, I'd probably step back over and stay on the other side if you want to get along here. Once you start making comments like that, you can quickly go from "annoying" to "ignored." But you know you've crossed that line. If you edit your post I'll edit this. We don't insult other guitar players here.

Try reading and comprehending the various posts. I will question anyones knowledge of guitar and playing if they make or reinforce the claim that Herman Li (or anyone like him) is a hack. ( I forget the exact word). That is just silliness. A true musician or performer can understand the talents of their "peers", even if they don't quite like what they do. If they cannot recognize that, then they set themselves up to be questioned. Fair play there.

I made an arbitrary list of influential PRS Artists that I'm familiar with who aren't geezer-y (which seems to be the objection OP has?):
  • Dustie Waring (sig)
  • John Mayer (sig)
  • Mark Holcomb (sig) (also Spencer Sotelo)
  • Mark Lettieri (sig)
  • Zach Myers (sig)
  • Myles Kennedy
  • Tyler Larson
  • Waterparks
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Opeth
  • The Contortionist
  • Of Mice & Men
  • Magnolia Blvd
  • Sophie Burrell
  • countless country names I don't know

Thats fine. I never said ALL PRS artists were AARP members.

Try reading and comprehending the various posts. I will question anyones knowledge of guitar and playing if they make or reinforce the claim that Herman Li (or anyone like him) is a hack. ( I forget the exact word). That is just silliness. A true musician or performer can understand the talents of their "peers", even if they don't quite like what they do. If they cannot recognize that, then they set themselves up to be questioned. Fair play there.

I don't know who Herman Li is :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Umm. Isn’t he playing a style famous in the 80’s? How is this modern? Let’s be honest. Because he’s younger and alive? Quit making smoke. Guy is great at guitar. Not gonna deny it. But to make stink in this thread and cite him as your example…:rolleyes:

Umm. Isn’t he playing a style famous in the 80’s? How is this modern? Let’s be honest. Because he’s younger and alive? Quit making smoke. Guy is great at guitar. Not gonna deny it. But to make stink in this thread and cite him as your example…:rolleyes:

If you didn't notice, that's a soundcheck. Memory fails me on what that tune is. But, I'm not going to sit here and educate you on the significance of Dragonforce in modern music.

That being said, PRSh not only built him that guitar, but he stuck another guitar manufacturers proprietary bridge on it. Yup, that's an Ibanez edge (or lo pro) tremolo. So, don't take it from me. That tells you how much PRS wanted Herman Li. I hope it still happens.

Cool, I heard of Dragonforce. Can't recall a single tune but it doesn't make him less great. Great to see kids playing guitar better than xbox

Back