CE24 Egyptian Gold Standard

Jimmy

These have been NGD’d before by others, but look at that price! Core specs at an S2 price if it’s correct and what you are looking for. I am assuming that it doesn’t have a maple cap.

No it's not. It's a bolt on. It's been differnet from core since reintroduced in 2016
It’s not an S2, it’s not an SE. What is it if not a core? Sorry, I disagree. It’s a core model, discontinued or not. Having a bolt on neck certainly doesn’t remove it from core. Silver Sky not core either?

It’s not an S2, it’s not an SE. What is it if not a core? Sorry, I disagree. It’s a core model, discontinued or not. Having a bolt on neck certainly doesn’t remove it from core. Silver Sky not core either?
Bolt on. Check PRS site. They designate a difference between core and bolt on. This isn't some made up opinion.

Correct SS isn't core either. It's bolt on.

The construction is different and more from core than just bolt on. Back in the day the bolt on and maple was the main difference. Now that's not the case. Speaking of case. Core comes with a case. Now the bolt ons don't.

But yes, the ce shares a bridge, tuners, and neck construction of s2. It has its own shallow carve. It does have core pickups.

This isnt a knock on ce. Just the way PRS does things now.

Last edited:
I definitely need to be tighter with my language! This offering from AMS is probably the least expensive way to get a new guitar in the CE line with all of the saved labor, and that is pretty awesome!

These have been NGD’d before by others, but look at that price! Core specs at an S2 price if it’s correct and what you are looking for. I am assuming that it doesn’t have a maple cap.

PRS needs to make a Vela in this finish. Big time. Wow.

Back