PRS Robben Ford model

Umm. Isn’t he playing a style famous in the 80’s? How is this modern?

You stole my thunder. All of the guys who pioneered this style of guitar are AARP age. It was cutting-edge back in the days of Shrapnel Records. However, the Shrapnel artists that are still involved in music have matured and diversified.

Here is Richie Kotzen during the Shrapnel Days:

Here is Richie Kotzen a few years ago:

Which Richie Kotzen would you rather listen to? The reality is that all of the first generation of shredders grew up with a different musical foundation. They created a musical genre that did not exist, but as the years went on they fused their childhood/teenage musical influences with shred and formed more sophisticated styles of music. In the case of Richie, he grew up outside of Philadelphia, so it was natural for him to blend shred and classic rock with blue-eyed soul.

Greg Howe is another Shrapnel shredder who has had an interesting career. He has been all over the map musically since the Shrapnel days. The moral of the story is that great guitarists mature into great musicians. They do not confuse being technical with being musical.

By the way, attacking the messenger instead of the message is a sign that a person has already lost the argument.

Try reading and comprehending the various posts.

Then I'm guessing you aren't much of a musician, nor can probably play the guitar very well.

Unfortunately, I've read all your posts in the thread. Perhaps rather than comprehension, on which I'm solid, it's posting style that I take issue with. Just like your comment to me, acting like I can't or didn't understand something you said. So, there is your quote. That's an insult of another forum members ability which is a violation of forum policy. Not to mention, in bad taste. And if you are as advanced as you presume yourself to be as a thinker, then you already know you could have worded that differently, and completely removed the insult, but you chose otherwise.

You fired back at a person who just made a joking remark about the comment made by someone else, and not the one who originally said it. Maybe you should work a little on comprehension. And hanging insults on the worldwide fame of Herman Li or Dragonforce is a bit more "out there" than you think. It's not like you're talking about Hendrix or Led Zeppelin here. They are not all that well known, especially to people who aren't into their kind of music.

But, for me, it all boils down to this. Insulting someone else because they made a joke about a shredder that you later said you didn't even like that much...

You do you, but when you is like that, don't expect people to like it.

I made an arbitrary list of influential PRS Artists that I'm familiar with who aren't geezer-y (which seems to be the objection OP has?):
  • Dustie Waring (sig)
  • John Mayer (sig)
  • Mark Holcomb (sig) (also Spencer Sotelo)
  • Mark Lettieri (sig)
  • Zach Myers (sig)
  • Myles Kennedy
  • Tyler Larson
  • Waterparks
  • Black Veil Brides
  • Opeth
  • The Contortionist
  • Of Mice & Men
  • Magnolia Blvd
  • Sophie Burrell
  • countless country names I don't know
Orianti, Dave Navarro, & the immortal Santana

Try reading and comprehending the various posts. I will question anyones knowledge of guitar and playing if they make or reinforce the claim that Herman Li (or anyone like him) is a hack
Far from a hack, but his approach to guitar is technical. He chooses his instrument primarily to allow him to be as technically proficient as possible.

The geezers PRS is pulling into the family, Joe Walsh, Robbin Ford, Mayer, Lettieri... it’s about the tone.

That drew guy sure knows how to make friends. He must be a hit at family gatherings, parties and funerals.

"Sorry your husband died, but he was old and wasn't really relevant anymore. Also, you probably weren't a very good wife if you don't agree with me"

He went on my ignore list last night.

That drew guy sure knows how to make friends. He must be a hit at family gatherings, parties and funerals.

"Sorry your husband died, but he was old and wasn't really relevant anymore. Also, you probably weren't a very good wife if you don't agree with me"

He went on my ignore list last night.

What happens if I put myself on my ignore list?
Can you even do that?

Back