Robben Ford posted this today on Facebook...

Lewguitar

Old Know It All
Robben Ford Music is in Paris France

Must say, I’m really digging my signature @prsguitars guitar lately
1f60e.png

I might get a lot of flack for saying this, but I'm not a fan of Robben's Tele sound, which so many people rave about. I like the videos Robben and PRS have posted with the new guitar, but the video someone posted here comparing Robben's new guitar to a DGT, the DGT sounded better to me. The live stuff from a recent concert using the new guitar sounds great though.

I might get a lot of flack for saying this, but I'm not a fan of Robben's Tele sound, which so many people rave about. I like the videos Robben and PRS have posted with the new guitar, but the video someone posted here comparing Robben's new guitar to a DGT, the DGT sounded better to me. The live stuff from a recent concert using the new guitar sounds great though.
I've seen him a few times. First time, with Joni Mitchell when she was touring the Court and Spark album in the early 70's.

Robben was playing in her back up band, Tom Scott and the LA Express.

Been following his career ever since.

Last edited:
I've seen him a few times. First time, with Joni Mitchell when she was touring the Court and Spark album in the early 70's.

Robben was playing in her back up band, Tom Scott and the LA Express.

Been following his career ever since.
I bought Talk To Your Daughter based on a guitar magazine article with him. Been a huge fan ever since and enjoy pretty much all his work. I've seen him live with his Dumble and Fender Esprit and with Larry Carlton. I think I saw him with Yellowjackets once, before knowing who he was. I still think his tone on TTYD is his best, but people move on and evolve.

I bought Talk To Your Daughter based on a guitar magazine article with him. Been a huge fan ever since and enjoy pretty much all his work. I've seen him live with his Dumble and Fender Esprit and with Larry Carlton. I think I saw him with Yellowjackets once, before knowing who he was. I still think his tone on TTYD is his best, but people move on and evolve.
Guy plays some nice chords! So does Larry Carlton.

I hear ya, I haven’t looked in my area I’m 40 miles north of manhattan there must be one around but I really don’t need the temptation.
We do have a PRS dealer in Cedaredge, Colorado. Starr's Guitars where I bought my SE Silver Sky and my Breedlove Guitars. The Robben Ford looks a lot like my Custom 22's. But that black finish on the Robben Ford is super sleek.

Here's the specs if you're interested.

Has a bone nut. I like that.

African blackwood fingerboard, which is harder and even more stable than ebony. 10" radius.

Really? Check this out.

I really want to try one, I'm curious how it sounds, how the neck feels... etc. you try one yet?
I LOVE my Robben Ford. The base is a McCarty, and while it feels and plays pretty well like a new model PRS McCarty (which is great!), it's tone and response is quite different.

Tone wise, it is incredibly clear, punchy, open and immediate in all pick-up positions. These characteristics get amplified a notch more when you kick in the coil tapping. I think it is actually the first PRS I have owned out of many that I use the coil split/tap as much as the full humbucker setting.

Back