Back on the Chain Gang: Wood Library DGT and Robben Ford Signature

ADD

I've been a fan of PRS guitars for quite some time and purchased my first one in the late 90's (Custom 24). My recent experience is that I've found the newer PRS' sound even "better" - something about the pickups or the finish or a combination of many things but it seems to me that PRS has upped their game. I purchased a Robben Ford signature a few months ago and was blown away by the guitar. It is NOT a McCarty imo and has it's own flavour. I recently jammed with a keyboard player and it worked perfectly - plays superb and sits well with the keyboard. It was a joy to play throughout the jam.

A couple weeks ago, I went into my local shop to purchase a tuner and came out with a Wood Library DGT w/ rosewood neck! I was simply blown away by the guitar (still am). Really enjoying the guitars and for the DGT, I'm finding that it is really meant to be played with 11's. It fights like a Strat but everything is better.

A few clips I did with my iPhone.

I've been a fan of PRS guitars for quite some time and purchased my first one in the late 90's (Custom 24). My recent experience is that I've found the newer PRS' sound even "better" - something about the pickups or the finish or a combination of many things but it seems to me that PRS has upped their game. I purchased a Robben Ford signature a few months ago and was blown away by the guitar. It is NOT a McCarty imo and has it's own flavour. I recently jammed with a keyboard player and it worked perfectly - plays superb and sits well with the keyboard. It was a joy to play throughout the jam.

A couple weeks ago, I went into my local shop to purchase a tuner and came out with a Wood Library DGT w/ rosewood neck! I was simply blown away by the guitar (still am). Really enjoying the guitars and for the DGT, I'm finding that it is really meant to be played with 11's. It fights like a Strat but everything is better.

A few clips I did with my iPhone.

Sweet! Congratulations and love on 'em!

Indeed, .011s are king with the DGT, and they are stock. Nice pair, dude!
Did read or hear, I think it was a PRS interview maybe while talking about the DGT SE that he was using a set starting with 10.5 now, I have one with 11's and the other strung with 10's really play differently the later being really slinky !

Reactions: ADD
Daaaaamn! Those sound great. Congrats on the aquisition

The story sounds familiar...copied from the internet.

THE salesman story.​

A young guy from North Dakota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.
The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"
The kid says "Yeah. I was a vacuum salesman back in North Dakota ."
Well, the boss was unsure, but he liked the kid and figured he'd give him a shot, so he gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."
His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down to the sales floor. "How many customers bought something from you today?"
The kid frowns and looks at the floor and mutters, "One".
The boss says "Just one?!!? Our sales people average sales to 20 to 30 customers a day. That will have to change, and soon, if you'd like to continue your employment here. We have very strict standards for our sales force here in Florida . One sale a day might have been acceptable in North Dakota , but you're not on the farm anymore, son."
The kid took his beating, but continued to look at his shoes, so the boss felt kinda bad for chewing him out on his first day. He asked (semi-sarcastically), "So, how much was your one sale for?"
The kid looks up at his boss and says "$101,237.65".
The boss, astonished, says $101,237.65?!? What the heck did you sell?"
The kid says, "Well, first, I sold him some new fish hooks. Then I sold him a new fishing rod to go with his new hooks. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."
The boss said "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a boat and a TRUCK!?"
The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.’

Back