PRS Robben Ford model

I ask WHY?

You guys are great at just doing the single emoji but few of you are actually good at putting up logical arguments to refute any point I make. Not all of you. Les, as combative as he is, is superb with the debate. Some others too. But the single emoji is kinda like the thing one does because they think its cool but just makes one look sort of ...well...I won't say it here. :)

I ask WHY?

You guys are great at just doing the single emoji but few of you are actually good at putting up logical arguments to refute any point I make. Not all of you. Les, as combative as he is, is superb with the debate. Some others too. But the single emoji is kinda like the thing one does because they think its cool but just makes one look sort of ...well...I won't say it here. :)

Actually, I use the single eye-roll emoji because , well, there isn't anything to say. Think of it as a "here we go again" response...

I don't see it as a logical argument other than to say if you don't like a product, then don't like it. I myself

don't understand the need to come onto a product forum to tell us all that you don't like it. Paul's a bad businessman, they don't understand the customer or what the customer wants, they designed this or that wrong...
It's come to the point, for me anyways, that a Drew post is the same as a new PRS owner making his or her very first forum pst to complain about something they KNOW is a dealer issue...

That's my two cents Drew.

;)

kinda early to jump on customers expectations...for all we know this is a one off guitar made for the guy. We know Paul likes building private stocks for the stars in the hopes they love his product...and has shown he is willing to go back to drawing board to get their satisfaction right.

Actually, I use the single eye-roll emoji because , well, there isn't anything to say. Think of it as a "here we go again" response...

I don't see it as a logical argument other than to say if you don't like a product, then don't like it. I myself

don't understand the need to come onto a product forum to tell us all that you don't like it. Paul's a bad businessman, they don't understand the customer or what the customer wants, they designed this or that wrong...
It's come to the point, for me anyways, that a Drew post is the same as a new PRS owner making his or her very first forum pst to complain about something they KNOW is a dealer issue...

That's my two cents Drew.

;)

Then maybe don't say anything if there isn't anything to say? The single emoji is something I would expect from a teenager.

You and others seem to think that this forum exists for everyone to high five each other, slap each others butts, and worship everything Paul does. I can guarantee you that I've had far more PRS guitars go through my possession than you have. I've been a fan of the brand since I drooled over the various magazine ads when I was a teenager. You can still love a brand but be critical at the same time. It's called feedback and feedback goes both positive and negative. This forum exists, in part, for that purpose. This forum isn't here as some favor to you. It's part of marketing. If PRS didn't think this forum helped them shape and sell their products, it wouldn't exist. As a person who likes the brand and has more recreational money than I should, I'm one of the people that PRS probably wants to court into buying their products. Personally, getting Robben Ford involved with either a one off or signature run, doesn't blow my skirt up. So, I'm going to say that. If I think the Hendrix amp should have had more bells and whistles, I'm going to say it. Because I hope that my feedback, as well as everyone else who supports the brand, will be factored into future products. I'm still waiting for my core 7 string!

I never said Paul is a bad businessman. He's obviously extremely bright. But, I think he tries to stay too much in the past and doesn't look to the future. The last 3 names we've seen associated with PRS have been Walsh, Ford, and Hendrix. That's pretty retro. It sells now. Will it sell later? I was more than stoked when I started to see the Herman Li posts and I hope that is not dead and buried. That would be a good step, in MY OPINION.

In closing, I think some of you think you "own" the forum. You don't. As long as I don't violate the rules, I will continue to post my opinions, feedback, etc, as I see fit. Just ignore it if you don't like it. But, spare me the rolling eyes emojis. I hope you are more mature than that.

Then maybe don't say anything if there isn't anything to say? The single emoji is something I would expect from a teenager.

You and others seem to think that this forum exists for everyone to high five each other, slap each others butts, and worship everything Paul does. I can guarantee you that I've had far more PRS guitars go through my possession than you have. I've been a fan of the brand since I drooled over the various magazine ads when I was a teenager. You can still love a brand but be critical at the same time. It's called feedback and feedback goes both positive and negative. This forum exists, in part, for that purpose. This forum isn't here as some favor to you. It's part of marketing. If PRS didn't think this forum helped them shape and sell their products, it wouldn't exist. As a person who likes the brand and has more recreational money than I should, I'm one of the people that PRS probably wants to court into buying their products. Personally, getting Robben Ford involved with either a one off or signature run, doesn't blow my skirt up. So, I'm going to say that. If I think the Hendrix amp should have had more bells and whistles, I'm going to say it. Because I hope that my feedback, as well as everyone else who supports the brand, will be factored into future products. I'm still waiting for my core 7 string!

I never said Paul is a bad businessman. He's obviously extremely bright. But, I think he tries to stay too much in the past and doesn't look to the future. The last 3 names we've seen associated with PRS have been Walsh, Ford, and Hendrix. That's pretty retro. It sells now. Will it sell later? I was more than stoked when I started to see the Herman Li posts and I hope that is not dead and buried. That would be a good step, in MY OPINION.

In closing, I think some of you think you "own" the forum. You don't. As long as I don't violate the rules, I will continue to post my opinions, feedback, etc, as I see fit. Just ignore it if you don't like it. But, spare me the rolling eyes emojis. I hope you are more mature than that.
Sorry if we were on your lawn, sir.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps a “yawn” would be better?

I ask WHY?

Les, as combative as he is, is superb with the debate. Some others too. But the single emoji is kinda like the thing one does because they think its cool but just makes one look sort of ...well...I won't say it here. :)

I try not to be combative.

As one of my mentors said, "When you reach the age of 40 you no longer qualify as a boy wonder. You're just another middle aged guy."

You're in your 40s? Welcome to AARP, old dude. The young ones think you're as much of a fossil as they think I am.

Last edited:
Back