PRS OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE

If a company replaced my neck twice on a guitar I'd think the customer service was doing a bang up job. That's three necks! Maybe the SS isn't for you is the real solution.
Not sure I fully understand what you're saying. What does one have to do with the other?

Further, it happens that mass produced necks come out of the shop with faults, this is fully understandable. When you're replacing one however wouldn't you make sure the replacement leaves the factory flawless?

Not sure I fully understand what you're saying. What does one have to do with the other?

Further, it happens that mass produced necks come out of the shop with faults, this is fully understandable. When you're replacing one however wouldn't you make sure the replacement leaves the factory flawless?

I agree. I have a very hard time believing PRS would send out not one but two replacement necks with an issue. Sure it can happen but unlikely. There is obviously more to the story. But in the end it sounds like the real solution is to move on from that guitar. It sounds like it's been an issue for so long it may always be one..

I agree. I have a very hard time believing PRS would send out not one but two replacement necks with an issue. Sure it can happen but unlikely. There is obviously more to the story. But in the end it sounds like the real solution is to move on from that guitar. It sounds like it's been an issue for so long it may always be one..
Not sure why you're jumping to conclusions without seeking to understand what has happened. The issues arise with every new neck.

https://imgur.com/a/jH4Y2Nr here are a few with the third. The inlays were butchered like this on the second neck aswell so they were aware of it. The first two necks didn't have their fret slots this deep but this one does. A few of them have a filler masking the slots, a lot of them don't.

By saying the SS isn't for me you're suggesting these oversights are common on the model?

Not sure why you're jumping to conclusions without seeking to understand what has happened. The issues arise with every new neck.

https://imgur.com/a/jH4Y2Nr here are a few with the third. The inlays were butchered like this on the second neck aswell so they were aware of it. The first two necks didn't have their fret slots this deep but this one does. A few of them have a filler masking the slots, a lot of them don't.

By saying the SS isn't for me you're suggesting these oversights are common on the model?

I'm saying what PRS can't say. Guys like you are all over the internet making nothing into flaws. There's nothing wrong with your guitar. Put down the 10x magnification and play!

Hopefully you get a satisfactory resolution.

Well in my case, I now know exactly what went wrong. (Hindsight being 20/20.) I had two quilted red guitars in the PTC for service/repair/upgrade at the same time. The first guitar was an older rotary switch era guitar which had a stunning red color to it which was called Black Cherry. The second guitar was newer and it too had a red finish but it was a different kind of red which had also gone bad with a cloudy white haze inside the finish. So I said that I wanted the refinish of second guitar to be the same awesome black cherry finish of the other guitar. The problem was that in 2013, PRS was also offering a black cherry finish but it was a lot darker and not at all what I had in mind. So, the message that got sent to the paint booth was "Black Cherry" and nothing else. So they finished it in a 2013 Black Cherry and not a rotary switch era Black Cherry. When I picked up the guitar, THEN I was told that finish colors are limited to the current production year. HAD I KNOWN THAT... I would have selected a different current production finish color.

Could be it.

Who knows? I probably wouldn't sell a guitar based on color - heck, I wouldn't even buy a guitar based on color, but I've sold a guitar because my madman cousin scratched it so badly in only ONE day that I couldn't polish it out, and I was PISSED! This was before the PTC existed, or I'd have simply had it refinished.

So if I seem critical, it was the pot calling the kettle black.

Each of us has his or her buttons that can be pushed, and they're all different!

Back