PRS MT-15 stuck at max volume

Rotornator

Hey guys, I recently connected a tube screamer to my pedalboard and for some reason my amp went to max volume and I can’t change it. I’ve tried lowering the volume knob on my guitar, disconnected the tube screamer and plugged my guitar straight into the amp with no pedalboard but it is still stuck at max volume. I turn the volume knob on the amp and no response. Someone please help!!

If you’re the owner from new, I think this is something that your dealer needs to sort.

Yeah, it scared the hell out of me! I unplugged the amp and plugged it back in and still the same. Has anyone even heard of anything this crazy before?

Yeah, it scared the hell out of me! I unplugged the amp and plugged it back in and still the same. Has anyone even heard of anything this crazy before?
One possibility is that the master volume pot is bad, or has a faulty solder joint. I build pedals, and this happened to me once - huge amount of output with the vol pot doing nothing. Basically, if there's a faulty variable resistor (volume pot), nothing gets dumped to ground as you turn the knob, and the full signal goes through to the output. I haven't seen an MT-15 schematic, so can't be sure, but I would have someone start there.

ITCrow.jpg

Back