PRS \m/ metal squabbin's availability/ custom order?

It’s not the ten customers, it’s that they’d have to sell a sh!t ton of pickups to equal what they get from a single dealer order of wood library guitars.

No economy of scale to justify the added expense of offering two kinds. But who knows?
I don't know man didnt they just sold out 5000 sets of 85/15, and 58/15LT?

There's a market for PRS pickups.

It’s not the ten customers, it’s that they’d have to sell a sh!t ton of pickups to equal what they get from a single dealer order of wood library guitars.

No economy of scale to justify the added expense of offering two kinds. But who knows?

I'd think the cost to ramp up a special run of pickups would be a bit more efficient, though. They're already making the pickups in a covered version, and they already do the squabbins, so it's a bit less in terms of adjustment/sourcing than for a WL run, which usually involves some options that are normally not available or putting together similar wood for something of a connective theme between the guitars.

There’s a dealer with a couple of WL runs on Reverb that are advertised as having \m/ pickups and they are uncovered…

I think the best chance for whoever (me included) wants a square bobbin \m/ would be a run made for a dealer. DV247 in Germany used to sell NFS sqare bobbin zebras. Correct me if I'm wrong but they have never been used in production guitars.

What dealer options we have here that could help?

@John Mann would you be able to assist?​

I managed to snag a used set of uncovered \m/ pickups for my P22. I have a covered set on my Custom 24 WL and those sound equally as awesome.

These guys used to have them... but that was in 2017. Had them in my CE.
And MusicStore Live is the same as Pitbull Audio as far as Reverb listings are concerned: https://reverb.com/shop/pitbullaudio

PRS does not custom wind pickups for the retail market.
You need to be Carlos Santana, David Grissom or John Mayer, etc to get that kind of service ;)

Do they check ID? How good would my accent have to be to convince them that I was Grissom and just happened to want the pickups sent somewhere else under an assumed name?

That was then and this is now. It used to be much easier to get pickups from PRS. Hopefully the release of 5815LT and 8515 is an indication of those days returning.
It may not be. They are already out of stock and removed at the PRS Accessories shop

Back