PRs M metal pick up wire color

Tremafold

I keep seeing a bunch of different people saying different colors on PRs pick ups sometimes green is ground sometimes white

I wanted to know on the M metal pick ups
What Which color is actually
It has red white black green and a bare wire

I have a CU 24 with the 5 way switch
I was trying to make it the same as stock
Yeah, I don't have that. Here's the wiring colour code, though

Bass (neck):
black = hot
white & green = coil-tap
red = ground

Treble (bridge):
white = hot
black & red = coil-tap
green = ground

Let me know if you stuck

I'm a bit confused with these, just got the \m/'s for my SE CE 24 and the bass & treble are wired differently from each other. I have the CE 24 wiring diagram from PRS site, but lookin at current stock pickup wiring, they differ a bit.

Bass (neck):
white = (one side 3-way)
black/red = (top p/p tone)
braided = (bottom p/p tone)

There is no green on the Bass pickup.

Treble (bridge):
black = (to other side 3-way)
white/green = (top p/p tone)
red = (bottom p/p tone)
braided = (to vol pot casing)

Diagram I have: Model CE 24/Semi-Hollow/Standard which doesn't exactly match how this is wired, and also references an orange wire that doesn't exist on either set of pickups.

I think I'm just going to try and match the way it's wired currently with the \m/'s since they appear to have same wiring as what's coming out.

Last edited:
The wiring is flipped on one pickup because the newer PRS pickups, many of them, are magnetically out of phase with each other. Flipping two of the wires puts them in phase in the circuit.

Well, I gave it a try, but after getting completely confused trying to reconcile different diagrams, I admitted defeat. Dropped off with a luthier I know to have him figure it out. Will be at least a few days before it's back, but at least I'm confident in his abilities far more than my own. Disappointed I couldn't figure it out, but at least I gave it a good go.

Back