PRS @ Local Pawn Shop Custom 22??

I don't really think its that good guys. It looks like a poorly made SE copy to me. In the pictures it even looks cheap. Truly every single thing is wrong. Front, back, body, neck, hardware, inlays, and I cant imagine it feels, plays, or sounds much better.

I don't get intentional PRS replica buyers. Why not just pick up a used SE? Or even a HB. I've yet to see a knock off that looks like a core and the few I've actually played sure as heck didn't play like one. It gets dicey when the replica makers use real pics but even then its pretty obvious those are real and not what you'll get.

The real danger is new to PRS buyers but even then they'll find out quick enough on arrival, a tech, NGD thread, or something. We all have that voice of doubt in our head if its too good to be true it is. Always remember there's buyer protection out there. Use it. Better safe than sorry.

Where they pricing this as a real PRS or was it super cheap??

If you want a fake PRS, go right ahead.

All, I repeat, ALL of the body lines, top contour, relief carves, tuner placements, entirety of the fit and finish, the birds, the heel--and the FML Dodo Bird Award Winner of 2020: that f7cking control cavity cover looks cut out by a drunk--are ALL WRONG. ALL. WRONG.

Where they pricing this as a real PRS or was it super cheap??

Priced as a REAL PRS Custom 22 @ $1200
Was all but sure but wanted to ask here to make sure..
I never got to hold it or play it.. I all but knew just from looking..
Will have to tell them before they inventory = Tomorrow Last Day of the Year
They are still open now but will give em that..

I don't have a huge problem with someone making something but that's the Fender in me coming out. I enjoy my partscasters. I research components, build, tweak, play, tweak, more components, play and tweak until its obsessive perfect to me. For someone who lives in the city I can't have much of a workshop to cut necks and bodies myself.

Started this thread to educate the people @ The Pawn Shop about the FAKE PRS Custom 22 they have for sale for $1200
I could all but tell it was a fake & took the pictures to post here to show them, I noted the Epiphone pickups, non locking tuners, Chinese strap buttons` etc. I haven't worked on a PRS in seven years & had forgotten a lot of the things that make them great.
I never got to hold or play the Fools Gold Model.. That would give it away instantly even if you were blind just by feel..
Will show them this thread & let them read away, That way they don't think I'm trying to chew them down on the price.
We didn't really even consider buying it, If it was real & played as good as the USA Made CE22 we bought back in 2014 I'd offer them $800 if it had the case etc. & was in good shape. See Avatar for that guitar.. It was a Gem..
I figure the Pawn's guitar is worth $250 or less as it is.. A USA PRS Case is worth $200+..
Looks just like our Brian Moore's case

Thanks for all the replies & we will educate them about guitar values with their loss on this piece..
If it looks too good to be true, It usually is.. Case in Point..

I did once buy a Black Beauty Gibson Les Paul Custom for $400 with case in the mid/late 90s at a pawn in Louisville.
Gary/Hk

Back