PRS Hollowbody Short Scale Bass.. who's got one

Jo-

f-hole lover
I've always wish that PRS would put out a bass that was short scale, but a couple years ago I spotted some super cool Private Stock Hollowbody models that were a short scale bass. Who here has one?

One that I really loved the look of was a bucked eye burled one that Wilcutts had.. oh how I wished I was the one that pulled the trigger on that.

0279126-4.png

0279126-3.png

0279126-1.png

I've only seen about 5 different SS HB's in my searches, if you have one, please post some pics. Or if you ever see one for sale in your travels please let me know about it. I'd really love one.

Heck I'd even like an SE Short Scale bass if they would just make it. :) Maybe one day. What does everyone else think?

I like short scale basses, not for everything mind you.

Doesn’t Paul Miles have one? You might be able to reach out to him on IG/meta or whatever they’re calling it these days.

I like short scale basses, not for everything mind you.

Doesn’t Paul Miles have one? You might be able to reach out to him on IG/meta or whatever they’re calling it these days.
Yes, Paul Miles did one for his anniversary guitar, then made a last one for Ish…who kept it for himself rather than let me have it.

They will make no more, so what’s out there is it.

Last edited:
I just got one of the six made for Guitar Of The Month in 2016. It is absolutely phenomenal. Very comfy neck profile. Medium shallow C profile so it feels similar to the wide/thin profile on my Archtop. Unfortunately my only amp is an Orange AD140 Lead w/2x12 cab but the Bartolini sounds full with nice crisp middle. A nice modern vibe for a hollow body bass. If there are any faults I can find are the satin finish on the neck( I prefer high gloss) and the distance from the string anchor to the bridge saddle is too short for my favorite strings (vintage N.O.S. Maxima) so Thomastik Infeld will have to do.

I just got one of the six made for Guitar Of The Month in 2016. It is absolutely phenomenal. Very comfy neck profile. Medium shallow C profile so it feels similar to the wide/thin profile on my Archtop. Unfortunately my only amp is an Orange AD140 Lead w/2x12 cab but the Bartolini sounds full with nice crisp middle. A nice modern vibe for a hollow body bass. If there are any faults I can find are the satin finish on the neck( I prefer high gloss) and the distance from the string anchor to the bridge saddle is too short for my favorite strings (vintage N.O.S. Maxima) so Thomastik Infeld will have to do.
that sounds great!

We would love to see it…

We would love to see it…
I'm not sure I can post photos yet. However, if you go to the gallery on the PRS Private Stock page, there's one very similar to mine. There's also a page for the bass that ViperDoc posted a link to. My top is almost the same but my birds don't have outlines.

Back