PRS Guitar of the Month 2016

April really floats my boat so far.

Mine too.

13055088_1101092343278387_1470250299581607229_o.jpg

Miss June
27849197776_1a89b66f99_b.jpg

What better way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Private Stock than with a specially appointed Paul’s Guitar?

Paul’s Guitar has a highly musical tone thanks to a versatile coil-tap system and 408N pickups. This Private Stock edition features slightly modified brushstroke bird inlays and Private Stock’s “Strad” purfling, bringing an exquisite aesthetic to this signature instrument.

“When Private Stock built the first Paul’s Guitar, I knew we had something special that I would be playing for a long time. I really liked the newly designed brushstroke birds, and the new single coil toned 408 pickups. Now I could get with my guitar exactly what I was shooting for…a big fat sound that was wonderfully clear combined with a super resonant guitar which I loved.” said Paul Reed Smith.

Only ten of these instruments will be made for May 2016, commemorating Private Stock’s 20th Anniversary. Paul Reed Smith has been at the helm of PRS’s Private Stock department for many years, driving innovation, quality, and design.

“Private Stock is very special to me. It is an amazingly passionate team working with our most treasured materials and new designs. These craftsmen are building heirloom quality pieces of art that play and sound as good as any guitar I have ever played. I am very proud to be celebrating 20 years of Private Stock with the Guitar of the Month program and the Paul’s Guitar model” – Paul Reed Smith

The original Guitars of the Month were cased between December 1994 and March 1996. They provided the opportunity to experiment with new ideas and led directly to the creation of the Private Stock program, with the first “official” Private Stock instrument casing on April 19, 1996.

Top Wood Curly Maple Top
Back Wood African Ribbon Mahogany Back and Backplates
Scale Length 25"
Neck Wood Curly Peruvian Mahogany Neck
Neck Shape Pattern
Fretboard Wood African Blackwood Fingerboard
Headstock Veneer African Blackwood with Gold Mother of Pearl “Modified” Brushstroke Eagle, Mother of Pearl “June” Engraved “New” Banner and Mother of Pearl, Maple, and Gold Mother of Pearl “Strad” Style Purfling
Inlays Gold Mother of Pearl “Modified” Brushstroke Birds and Mother of Pearl, Maple, and Gold Mother of Pearl “Strad” Purfling
Side Dots Mother of Pearl
Truss Rod Cover African Blackwood with Mother of Pearl, Maple, and Gold Mother of Pearl “Strad” Purfling
Pickups and Electronics 408N Treble and Bass Pickups with Volume and Tone Controls, 3-Way Toggle Switch, and Two Mini Coil-Tap Switches
Bridge Gen III Tremolo with Locking Saddles
Tuners Phase III Locking Tuners with African Blackwood Buttons
Strings 10 Gauge Strings
Hardware Hybrid
Finish High Gloss Nitro
Color Persimmon with Cherry Smoked Burst
Case Private Stock 20th Anniversary Black Comet Tolex Case
straight2.png

Back