PRS EG-4

The only thing you're likely to see is something like this

JV3SCtg.jpg

Model number
Date manufactured
Colour
Serial number (partially obscured by me)

You got the EG Dead Kennedy’s edition!

I'm happy to post up the images I've extracted from the schematics pdf tonytester sent me if anyone wants them
yes post the schematics so we all can enjoy them??? . I believe customer service e mailed me all of that info and i printed it. when i bought my 1st eg .
i would like to get another either eg 3 or eg 2 . since i got mine prices have doubled. I showed the guitars to a guy around here Akron Ohio, and he actually didnt
like the eg s but he told me , hold on to them, "Time just might be good to you "

yes post the schematics so we all can enjoy them??? . I believe customer service e mailed me all of that info and i printed it. when i bought my 1st eg .
i would like to get another either eg 3 or eg 2 . since i got mine prices have doubled. I showed the guitars to a guy around here Akron Ohio, and he actually didnt
like the eg s but he told me , hold on to them, "Time just might be good to you "
It's strange that every EG owner starts with I owned one and sold it, i wish I didn't/ want to buy another :D

Any advice on the EG-4 electronics? I asked someone at the factory once about 12 years after I bought it, and he couldn't comment without actually looking at the wiring. He said there were considerable variations on them, a lot of experimentation at the time, so it's not really documented. Mine had one volume and two global tones! They might be voiced at different frequencies, but to my ears it's really hard to tell. Perhaps it's a separate bass and treble control and I've been using it wrong for 30 years as 2 conventional tone controls!

I'll drop this right here for your enjoyment. EG3 Prototype from 1991. Check out the neck joint. Had Paul sign this last month when he was at CME.

iZJWHSS.jpg

M1iZZhO.jpg

G9VRmNZ.jpg

4SM84LY.jpg

MKW8CKZ.jpg

Sorry to necrobump a thread but that EGII prototype has one of the coolest neck joints I've ever seen.

Hadn't heard of the EG series previously but they look like awesome guitars. And someone's REALLY happy today because of this (didn't last more than an hour or two):

Screenshot-2024-03-11-at-5-26-58-PM.png

Sorry to necrobump a thread but that EGII prototype has one of the coolest neck joints I've ever seen.

Hadn't heard of the EG series previously but they look like awesome guitars. And someone's REALLY happy today because of this (didn't last more than an hour or two):

Screenshot-2024-03-11-at-5-26-58-PM.png
Nice!

Back