PRS Cases

I have my S2 Standard 22 and Mira in Prs hardshell cases and haven't had a problem yet.

PRS support told me the Multi-fit is not recommended for any SE's due to the different neck angle the SE's have which doesn't allow it to sit perfectly flat in the neck pocket of the case. This came about after many complaints, so rather than risking damage to the guitar(s), they simply don't recommend them anymore.
That is strange, as I keep my 2012 SE Santana and 2012 SE Custom 24 in the PRS Multifit/Vintage cases, and they lay perfectly flat.
It was only the SE Tremonti Custom and Zach Myers I had problems with, and that is because they are fat girls.

Even my sons two SE Semi-Hollows lay perfectly flat in the PRS cases, as that is what I gave to him to transport them in.

Strange indeed Corey, add to that the many positive reviews on Sweetwater from various SE and even S2 owners. Unfortunately, if PRS have to err on the side of caution, then I'll have to as well. They weren't specific about which models were problematic (17 SE models in total) so maybe it's just some and not others. I asked about how thick the bodies are and their response was the same - body thickness has nothing to do with their recommendation, their recommendation is based on neck angle sitting in a flat closed case. But it does seem odd that they make a blanket recommendation over all 17 SE models while some people say theirs is ok. It's a mystery to me.

Thanks Bodia.

Most PRS guitars including the SEs will fit the PRS case, but I had trouble with my 2012 SE Tremonti Custom, and the ZM.
They would not lay flat.
I now own four of the SKB cases, but they are not cheap, around $250 each.
But to me they are worth it as the guitars lay flat, and you can tow the case like luggage since it has wheels on one end.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005T23AMO...&qid=1456504037&sr=sr-1&keywords=prs+skb+case

Here is my new S2 I got last Thursday in a new one.
This case fits about any PRS guitar.

10.jpg
Corey, what model is that guitar? Geez, I'm in love a day after getting my Vela.

Back