PRS Angelus models

Awesome!! Looking forward to hearing it. THANKS!!
Apologies, Andrew. I checked and apparently I deleted it. I only made the recording to demonstrate the difference between two mic cables for my old forum. Once that was accomplished, I must have deleted the file.

The tracks I've used it on for a long time have all been denser rock mixes, where it's not the featured instrument, so the tracks don't really show the guitar's capabilities.

I'll carry it down to the studio for a new recording when the cardio docs clear me for more activity (I was in the hospital about 13 days ago). I can't leave it down in my studio, I have to bring it back upstairs due to basement guitar damage paranoia, and the case is pretty heavy!

I'll record a new track with it when I'm cleared for more activity.

The reason I'm posting so darn much lately is I'm kind of stuck doing not much of anything. :(

Apologies, Andrew. I checked and apparently I deleted it. I only made the recording to demonstrate the difference between two mic cables for my old forum. Once that was accomplished, I must have deleted the file.

The tracks I've used it on for a long time have all been denser rock mixes, where it's not the featured instrument, so the tracks don't really show the guitar's capabilities.

I'll carry it down to the studio for a new recording when the cardio docs clear me for more activity (I was in the hospital about 13 days ago). I can't leave it down in my studio, I have to bring it back upstairs due to basement guitar damage paranoia, and the case is pretty heavy!

I'll record a new track with it when I'm cleared for more activity.

The reason I'm posting so darn much lately is I'm kind of stuck doing not much of anything. :(
OK Les, Take your time. Most Importantly get better!! we need you around here! I suppose your family needs you also but this is a special place... wouldn't be the same without you!

OK Les, Take your time. Most Importantly get better!! we need you around here! I suppose your family needs you also but this is a special place... wouldn't be the same without you!
Take it easy Les !
Thanks guys! I'm getting stronger each day, and I feel pretty good. I have no complaints.

I have to acclimate to a new med. A certain amount of dizziness is part of the deal with it until the body gets used to it. I'd hate to lose my balance carrying things on the stairs.

I'm a klutz. In such circumstances, discretion is often the better part of valor! ;)

I played a McManus in a shop, it projected across the room more than any other acoustic I have ever played before it.

Same coin ...A brazilian back and sides Martin Simpson with a K&K is another choice I'd never thought If I got a PS it would be an acoustic.. while holy grail tonewood , this set isn't particilarly stunning
ydetbqwdf4beccheuwfy.jpg

zacfpt4cxamkvq1v4vkb.jpg

e6y0i32azphdjka4jcny.jpg
Looks like somebody just grabbed it.
I wonder if it was someone here?

Sweet guitars! I have always been curious about PRS acoustics but never played one. I have a nice Martin OM-28v and a bang around Taylor but nothing of this level. I was up in Asheville a couple of weeks ago and emailed Dream Guitars but I didn’t have anything specific in mind, just wanted to browse, but sadly they couldn’t accommodate me. Maybe next trip.

Sweet guitars! I have always been curious about PRS acoustics but never played one. I have a nice Martin OM-28v and a bang around Taylor but nothing of this level. I was up in Asheville a couple of weeks ago and emailed Dream Guitars but I didn’t have anything specific in mind, just wanted to browse, but sadly they couldn’t accommodate me. Maybe next trip.
Playing is quite similar to a Taylor, maybe slightly more demanding.
I did this a while ago and it might give you a sense of sound. Just a simple GoPro. PRS are 3rd and 4th, Taylor at the end.

While I love my 5 PRS electrics , I've been a Taylor Acoustic guy for the last 30 years and Koa is my favorite wood ( I have 3 KOA Taylors) .
As my 68th birthday is coming up I thought I'd look for something different and special . I've never played a PRS acoustic , this one say it has PRS pickup system . Don't know anything about the electronics

For those members that have actually played one ( NOT an SE) I'd love to hear your impressions , they maded me a good offer , . If the feedback is good I'll likely snag it

2013 PRS Artist Package Angelus Cutaway with an Adirondack Spruce top and Koa back and sides,mahogany neck with a Wide neck profile, ebony fingerboard with purfling and outline bird inlays, ebony bridge and a curly maple rosette. PRS pickup system installed. I checked a new one and it was $4500 more than the offer ...( PS though)
rrutejtgoxcc9bliar5p.jpg
r4qwdi4nneeljsybe6s6.jpg
Beautiful guitar! I don't think you can go wrong with that one. I am mainly a Martin man when it comes to acoustics. I picked up my 74 D-35, new, at Chuck's, many moons ago. A year or so ago, I picked up a used D-18GE. But, I have a Taylor GAMC (mahogany/cedar) that is wonderful for finger picking. Is Koa more like rosewood or mahogany in tone?

Here’s a shot of my Tonare Grand.

I love a good J200, and Collings SJs in maple that are similar, but they’re no competition compared to this one.

Again for context, if you're familiar with the Collings SJ and the J200,you will probably find that the Collings has more overtones than the J200, with similar solidity in the fundamental tones, and better sustain than the J200 (I think longer sustain is better). This Tonare has more of everything - better projection, the solidity of the Collings, with more overtones than the Collings and WAY more than a J200.

The top on this one is Adirondack with maple back and sides. I ordered it with a carbon fiber truss rod. I've had it 9.5 years, and it's never needed adjustment. I can leave it in the case for a week, come back, and the tuning is still pretty close to perfect.

As stated, it's pretty but I don't buy them for looks, tone comes first because my livelihood is involved. I've used this on a lot of national ads. It's paid its way in spades.

YMMV the usual disclaimers apply.

3mVz6f7.jpg
What a stunning guitar! I bet it sounds beautiful.

OMG .. I think I may have died and gone to heaven .. built for Ricky Skaggs ... it is just TOO special to pass up , so I pulled the trigger , Got it for $315 off asking .same price as the McManus I was looking at ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Greywolf!!!

Specifications​

Product Year: 2010
Model: Tonare Grand
Serial #: A100410
Body Type: Large, Grand Auditorium
Back & Sides Wood: Pernambuco
Top Wood: Spruce - Adirondack (Red)
Neck Wood: Pernambuco
Neck Profile: C
Bridge: Pernambuco
Rosette: Pernambuco
Top Trim: MOP
Fingerboard: Pernambuco
Fingerboard Bindings: Pernambuco
Fret Markers: MOP Doves
Frets to Body: 14
Headplate: Pernambuco
Headstock Bindings: Pernambuco
Headstock Inlay: MOP
Instrument Finish: Gloss
Body Bindings: Pernambuco
Tuners: PRS
Tuner Finish: Gold with Ivoroid buttons
Cutaway: None
Pickguard: Clear
Pickup: PRS
Pickup (y/n): Yes
Body Length: 20.25 in
Upper Bout: 11.75 in
Lower Bout: 16 in
Body Depth Heel: 4.125 in
Body Depth Tail: 4.875 in
Scale Length: 25.25 in
Scale Length (mm): 641 mm
Nut Width: 1.69 in
Nut Width (mm): 43 mm
String Spacing: 2.125 in
String Spacing (mm): 54 mm
Instrument Weight Pounds & Ounces: 5 lb. 13 oz.
Case: Original - Ameritage
productImage
2010-prs-tonare-grand-pernambuco-adirondack-spruce-a100410-2.jpg

2010-prs-tonare-grand-pernambuco-adirondack-spruce-a100410-9.jpg

Last edited:
Back