PRS Amplifier Options.

John Price

Is there a list of available options for PRS amplifiers? I'm seeing some great looking amps lately and was wondering what's available for Tolex/Vinyl coverings, Grille Coverings, Speakers...etc....
JP

That would be great if the PRS CAD team would post something like that on the website!

Also it would be great if they would post a gallery of cool stuff they have done, and what the tolex and wood colors are.

I think it is awesome to be able to custom order the amps in whatever covering and wood panels! Here is my latest creation, a custom MDT based on Paul's amp with a 4x10 cab:

Amp%2520Harem%2520Pic%25203.jpg

It's funny, I had started my amp collection with some PRS amps, the Sewell, 2-Channel C and the HXDA, still have the Sewell, but I had started to branch out and check out some other brands of Amps, and PRS has reeled me back in with this custom ordering option, I am back to all PRS amps again, sold my JVM410 and Axe FX II, bought a Blistertone, 2 Channel H and MDT, all with a custom covering and Maple configuration.

Well done, Doug and Paul! ;)

Anyway, back to the original notion of the thread, I agree PRS could increase sales of custom ordered amps if they came up with (1) a list of options and (2) a gallery of past creations!

I
Anyway, back to the original notion of the thread, I agree PRS could increase sales of custom ordered amps if they came up with (1) a list of options and (2) a gallery of past creations!

Hey Pete,

We are actually working on a checklist for CAD amps, hopefully it will be completed in time for Experience. If anyone is interested in a CAD amp, please see your dealer and Mike Clark and Doug Sewell can help you hammer out the details.

Hey Pete,

We are actually working on a checklist for CAD amps, hopefully it will be completed in time for Experience. If anyone is interested in a CAD amp, please see your dealer and Mike Clark and Doug Sewell can help you hammer out the details.

Thanks, Shawn!

I can't say enough about how much I am loving the PRS CAD program right now. I have an Original Sewell, a Blistertone, a 2 Channel H and my new MDT, and 3 of 4 of those were custom ordered with what I wanted for covering and Maple. And I think I am going to order another 2 Channel C as well (had one of the "First 50", sold it, but want another one).

More importantly, they all sound AWESOME! I sold my JVM410 and my Axe FX II because they were basically sitting there collecting dust.

Keep up the great work!

-Pete

P.S. Unfortunately I cannot make the Experience this year, I have a gig in Canada that week. Have fun! I will stop by and see you next time I visit the Wood Library, which hopefully is soon... ;)

Hey Pete,

I'm sorry we won't see you at the Experience, but have a great show in Canada!

ps, I think you may want to change your signature to read "Ted & CAD Club President".

Back