All Things Amplifier Are Ordained In The Good Book - Of Tone!

László

Too Many Notes
Far be it from me to proselytize about setting up the crunch tone on a single channel tube amp with the guitar volume about halfway up, and using that control to turn down for the glories of the cleans and turn it up for the dirties! It is not for me to say!

Let us consult the Good Book of Tone, brothers and sisters! Open your Good Books to Page 1.

We read together:

In the beginning, the great gods of tone created the electric guitar. Now the tone of the guitar was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the strings, and the spirit of teen was hovering over the guitar controls.

And the great gods of tone said, "Let there be amplifiers," and there were single channel amplifiers. The great gods of tone heard that the tones were good, and separated the undistorted from the distorted tones. The great gods of music called the light tones “cleans,” and the dark tones they called “dirty.” And there were evening concerts, and there were morning concerts—the first day of Woodstock.

And the great gods of tone said, “Let the tones under the fingers be gathered to one amplifier, and let guitar volume controls appear.” And it was so. The great gods of tone called the amplifier sound controlled by the guitar controls “good tone,” and they gathered tone shaping accessories they called “pedals” and they ran the pedals into the front of the amps. And the great gods of tone heard that it was good tone.

Then the great gods of tone said, “I give you every fuzz and tape delay tone on the face of the whole earth and every tone that has modulation in it. They will be yours for rock and roil, yea, even prog fusion and heavy metal." And it was so.

The great gods of tone saw all that they had made, and they dug it. And there was rocking, and there was rolling.

-----

For today's contemplation, please turn to page 823, and we read silently:

This is what Lesisaiah said concerning good tone:

“Come, let us go up to the museum of the Tone,
to the amplifier of the Tone of Jimi.
Jimi will teach us his ways,
so that we may play in his paths.”
The Tone will go out from Woodstock,
the tone of Jimi from Stevensville.
The great gods of tone will decide between the amplifiers
and will settle disputes for many players.
Players will turn their guitar volume controls into color controls
and their two-channel amps into door stops.
Players will not take up modeling amps,
nor will they train for jazz anymore."

We can skip the sermon today, brothers and sisters, let us watch football instead!!

Our Amplifier who art in heaven,
Kemper be thy name.
Thy proliferation come.
Thy will be done
on gigs as it is in recording.
Give us this day our daily tone stack,
and forgive us our profiles,
as we forgive those who profile against us,
and lead us not into tube failure,
but deliver us from squeal.
For thine is the Dumble and the wattage, and the reverb,
forever and ever (until the next update).

A#.

Far be it from me to proselytize about setting up the crunch tone on a single channel tube amp with the guitar volume about halfway up, and using that control to turn down for the glories of the cleans and turn it up for the dirties! It is not for me to say!

Let us consult the Good Book of Tone, brothers and sisters! Open your Good Books to Page 1.

We read together:

In the beginning, the great gods of tone created the electric guitar. Now the tone of the guitar was formless and void, darkness was over the surface of the strings, and the spirit of teen was hovering over the guitar controls.

And the great gods of tone said, "Let there be amplifiers," and there were single channel amplifiers. The great gods of tone heard that the tones were good, and separated the undistorted from the distorted tones. The great gods of music called the light tones “cleans,” and the dark tones they called “dirty.” And there were evening concerts, and there were morning concerts—the first day of Woodstock.

And the great gods of tone said, “Let the tones under the fingers be gathered to one amplifier, and let guitar volume controls appear.” And it was so. The great gods of tone called the amplifier sound controlled by the guitar controls “good tone,” and they gathered tone shaping accessories they called “pedals” and they ran the pedals into the front of the amps. And the great gods of tone heard that it was good tone.

Then the great gods of tone said, “I give you every fuzz and tape delay tone on the face of the whole earth and every tone that has modulation in it. They will be yours for rock and roil, yea, even prog fusion and heavy metal." And it was so.

The great gods of tone saw all that they had made, and they dug it. And there was rocking, and there was rolling.

-----

For today's contemplation, please turn to page 823, and we read silently:

This is what Lesisaiah said concerning good tone:

“Come, let us go up to the museum of the Tone,
to the amplifier of the Tone of Jimi.
Jimi will teach us his ways,
so that we may play in his paths.”
The Tone will go out from Woodstock,
the tone of Jimi from Stevensville.
The great gods of tone will decide between the amplifiers
and will settle disputes for many players.
Players will turn their guitar volume controls into color controls
and their two-channel amps into door stops.
Players will not take up modeling amps,
nor will they train for jazz anymore."

We can skip the sermon today, brothers and sisters, let us watch football instead!!
So say we all.

Kemper be thy name.
Thy proliferation come.
Thy will be done

A#.
“Don’t you blaspheme up in here.”

Kemper be thy name.
Thy proliferation come.
Thy will be done

A#.
Oh no, my friend, this is a righteous thread! Zombie amp worship is most frowned upon!

However, in view of our valued friendship, I will instruct the Elders to give you a one-time pass on a stoning.

Oh no, my friend, this is a righteous thread! Zombie amp worship is most frowned upon!

However, in view of our valued friendship, I will instruct the Elders to give you a one-time pass on a stoning.

Alas, I feel as though at some point I shall inevitably get stoned.
Oh well... there goes my chance at wings... :)

Back