Prs 594 sc Semihollow Yes!

You, being Tag, will post a clip, sir?

Hey Les,
Here is my double cut. Its into a fender Blues jr with the gain turned up a little bit for some dirt. Not great quality, but I still think the hollowness comes through. I will do one when the SC gets here for comparison. Phenomenal guitars. I am LOVING this thing! Of course I love my solid as well. Equally great, and different enough, (even with the same pups!) that you have to have both.

Hey Les,
Here is my double cut. Its into a fender Blues jr with the gain turned up a little bit for some dirt. Not great quality, but I still think the hollowness comes through. I will do one when the SC gets here for comparison. Phenomenal guitars. I am LOVING this thing! Of course I love my solid as well. Equally great, and different enough, (even with the same pups!) that you have to have both.

Sounds utterly fantastic, definitely can hear the hollow aspect, and F^%k, is your playing ever terrific in that track!!

Guitar came in. So busy with work, only 15 minutes with it. Killer. Deeper, more low mids, and slightly less treble than the DC. Exactly what you would think, which is amazing because it rarely seems to work out that way! Because of my style which is 90% neck pup clean, I can see this becoming my favorite, but I love all 3 of my 594s. Each has its own attributes for sure. Stunning guitars, everyone of them. Wow, wow, wow. Clips and more thoughts when I get some serious time on it.

It sounds crazy good!! Did not even tune it, plugged into my Super reverb and played along with MR PC. Killer clean tone right off the bat!!

Definitely bigger and rounder than the SC, while the SC is snappier. I did not realize the bodies were so different in shape and size. Both KILLER guitars!!

Another killer track Tag, great chops! Love the woody, jazzy tone!

That openness of attack!

Reactions: Tag
Both sound great. You definitely need both. :)

Great playing!

Tag,
This is one beauty of a guitar and you sound phenomenal! Enjoy.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "MR PC" you referred to in your 2nd video post? Did you have volume and tone knobs set on 10?

Tag,
This is one beauty of a guitar and you sound phenomenal! Enjoy.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is the "MR PC" you referred to in your 2nd video post? Did you have volume and tone knobs set on 10?

Yes, tone and volume wide open. "Mr. PC" is the name of the song I am playing over. Its a John Coltrane jazz blues, and Mr PC refers to Paul Chambers, the great jazz bassist.
Thanks for listening and the nice words guys!

Tag,

Thanks very much for the response. Just a few more questions and I am ready to take one of my PRS Hollowbody guitars and try and get as close as I can to your tone. I will probably try
EQ settings on the amp? String type & gauge?

I don't have a Fender Super Reverb, but I do have a few other fender amps that I can try.

Thanks again for your help.

Tag,

Thanks very much for the response. Just a few more questions and I am ready to take one of my PRS Hollowbody guitars and try and get as close as I can to your tone. I will probably try
EQ settings on the amp? String type & gauge?

I don't have a Fender Super Reverb, but I do have a few other fender amps that I can try.

Thanks again for your help.

I just opened the box when I recorded that, so I believe its 10 gauge PRS strings. Whatever they put on at the factory. The tone controls on the SRRI were all at noon, and the guitars volume and tone were wide open, neck pup. I can get very close to that tone with my other PRSs on tape, but it takes some work. In the room live is where this thing is really knocking me out!

Reactions: CVS
I just opened the box when I recorded that, so I believe its 10 gauge PRS strings. Whatever they put on at the factory. The tone controls on the SRRI were all at noon, and the guitars volume and tone were wide open, neck pup. I can get very close to that tone with my other PRSs on tape, but it takes some work. In the room live is where this thing is really knocking me out!
Thanks for your patience and all the info. I will see what I can do with both Hollowbodies and my SC594 through a number of different amps.

Back