PRS 2019 Update to Silver Sky?

At some point in the future, they might consider offering Artist packages and dealer runs (to make neck wood options available), but I don’t think they will change the base model specs like radius unless the artist wants them to... and that would be a gamble given how well the guitars have sold.

I think the problem with 305 and DC3 sales were in part chalked up to the pickups in those models and how close (or far) they came to the sounds and shape of a F Strat. John M played those guitars in live shows a couple of times before the SS arrived and there seemed to be a clear tonal difference between those and his strats. It’s a bit harder to tell the difference between the SS and his strats. If they had put the SS pickups in the 305 and DC3 then those models might still be around. But then, of course, there wouldn’t be a need for the SS.
I think the 305 is a tough sell to some strat guys cuz pups.
Wonderful axe

I think the 305 is a tough sell to some strat guys cuz pups.
Wonderful axe

Yup. But PRS got the pickups right with the SS. I don’t know if the SS cutouts accept aftermarket pickups though. That, in my opinion, would seal the deal for a lot of folks.

Some folks just love the Strat body shape. Others gotta have that Strat single coil. The SS scratches both itches.

Yup. But PRS got the pickups right with the SS. I don’t know if the SS cutouts accept aftermarket pickups though. That, in my opinion, would seal the deal for a lot of folks.

Some folks just love the Strat body shape. Others gotta have that Strat single coil. The SS scratches both itches.
Yeah, thanks to both PRSh and JM those pups are very tonefull. Too bad the neck feel/finish didn't appeal to you.

I remember seeing a post by Shawn that said something like the silver sky pickups will not fit in another brand’s guitar but aftermarket pups will fit in the silver sky.

I gave up immortality to marry a mortal.

I’m not sayin’ that was a good idea...

You mis-spelled “immorality,” BTW.

Takes one to know one. I gave most of that up too, when I married. As far as she ever knew, I was a law-abiding citizen.

Some of my jazz crimes were felonious, but none involved a PRS. However my Telecaster is a registered assault weapon.

Back