Private Stock Friday

Thank you Shawn and Hunter for this thread. Considering how small this forum is in reality, a million hits in four years is a remarkable achievement.

I'd like to think that this thread has been responsible for a number of private stock guitars that might not otherwise have occurred without your pictures as inspiration.

I know that I fall into that category. :)

Oh, my deer!
Thanks @Hunter@PRS for giving fine food for the night sleep in central Europe.

psf76-1000-1-jpg.4283
This is a sensational board. I would put my money on ELK. But who cares? Is this headed to someone in Idaho???

I don't know why, and I'm sure it's probably just my way of looking at these guitars, but even though, the "G" type headstock is nice, to me, it doesn't look "correct" on a PRS. I love the PRS Core headstock shape for these guitars much better.
I look at it the same way some players look at different guitars. Some guitars just look more correct in specific colors to some. probably due to that player having seen so many of a given guitar in the same color that other colors don't seem to fit the piece.

So we did it, we reach 1 Million views!

I started this thread on a whim in December 2012 and I never dreamed it would have lasted so long. While, I wouldn't exactly call it "viral", a million views is still impressive. Thanks to everyone who has ever checked in on Private Stock Friday!
It is viral enough: when/if I can afford it, I am going to get a PS. And that is a "bug" I caught from this thread!

Thanks so much for starting this, and dropping in now and again after handing over the reigns to Hunter! I love this thread!

I look at it the same way some players look at different guitars. Some guitars just look more correct in specific colors to some. probably due to that player having seen so many of a given guitar in the same color that other colors don't seem to fit the piece.
I never thought of it that way, but you're right. I saw a singlecut archtop in Armando's Amethyst the other day, and I immediately wanted it, but I already have a singlecut archtop as well as a hollowbody II in violet, so not sure what's wrong with me, other than I have GAS.

I discovered PSF while researching my first vault visit PS build...which was my 2nd PS (see avatar "Yenita"). It was my introduction to what was possible at the top level of guitar making. Fast forward a few years, and a couple more visits to the vault and PRSX...I'm awaiting my 9th PS (and planning a 10th). Needless to say, I love PSF, it's often the highlight of my week (and likely the most devastatingly effective marketing tool I've ever been hit with). Thank you Shawn, Hunter, Paul, Paul, Tina, Matt, Skitchy, Eric and all the others who make the PS program what it is...the best of the best.

PS: My wife hates all of you.

I'm really looking forward to the PSF pictures for a couple of reasons. My PC did a major update last night and reset my desktop to the factory desktop pattern. (Nice try Windows for adding Internet Explorer Edge to my task bar again, not gonna happen...) So I'm hoping for a nice larger resolution picture of a sweet SC or maybe a picture of that new 8 string that I can use from today's selection, preferably in 1920x1080 Hunter. :D Secondly, 1 Million views calls for an epic PSF. So I'll be getting my popcorn ready.

So we did it, we reach 1 Million views!

I started this thread on a whim in December 2012 and I never dreamed it would have lasted so long. While, I wouldn't exactly call it "viral", a million views is still impressive. Thanks to everyone who has ever checked in on Private Stock Friday!
Greatest thread in the history of threads!

The Instagram stories PRS does is awesome and the quality of images/video is awesome as well.

I'm really looking forward to the PSF pictures for a couple of reasons. My PC did a major update last night and reset my desktop to the factory desktop pattern. (Nice try Windows for adding Internet Explorer Edge to my task bar again, not gonna happen...) So I'm hoping for a nice larger resolution picture of a sweet SC or maybe a picture of that new 8 string that I can use from today's selection, preferably in 1920x1080 Hunter. :D Secondly, 1 Million views calls for an epic PSF. So I'll be getting my popcorn ready.

I gotchu man. You must have a widescreen, here's a cropped 1920 of the wallpaper I'm currently using. Hopefully the forum posts it in full-res.

AugustGOM8String(1920).jpg

Okay, here's the latest from the boys and girls downstairs! Have a great weekend everybody. Happy million views!

PSF77(1000)-1.jpg

life lesson from the shop, if they offer you a hot pepper, 220 grit sandpaper to the tongue is the only thing that will take away the burn.
PSF77(1000)-2.jpg
PSF77(1000)-3.jpg
PSF77(1000)-4.jpg
PSF77(1000)-5.jpg
PSF77(1000)-6.jpg
PSF77(1000)-7.jpg
PSF77(1000)-8.jpg
PSF77(1000)-9.jpg

Back