Pretty interesting CL listing. Never seen this model

Yeah, the model is the "Curly Bass - 4" and they made them from 87 until I believe 90 or 91? The preamps in them aren't anything to shake a stick at and I think that actually is why people were originally skeptical of the GG (until they heard it!) but the top woods and what should be a brazzy board are usually killer on those old guys.

Cant say much about the bass but funny how dude is so paranoid he wont even TALK to anyone via email...yet he gives directions to, and times to "hit" his stash of expensive basses, mics, amps....
"uhum yeah...I wont deal with any scammers via email so you'll have to come to my house at this address...but DONT come between this and this time cause no one will be home (key is in the flower pot to your left) and so you wont be able to try out this bass, or any of the other gear I have downstairs (first door on the right, next one after the big cash counting room with all the open safes in it) past the wine cellar and bouillon room, in my recording studio/vintage Neumann mic museum. Have a great day."

WHAT???

I get nervous (speaking of noids) just going to people's homes or apartments to buy an expensive piece. As "movie" as it sounds, I like to meet-up somewhere to do deals. Somewhere "in the open" lol. Seriously though. I try to NEVER have buyers come to my house. Then again, my doors don't even lock so...yeah.
THIS guy is NUTS though!

There was one on CL in the Denver area for like, two years. I don't see it now. Seems like it was a similar finish. It was reposted quite often.

Yep...what they said...see above!!! These were pretty nice, with especially crisp highs, and monster LOWS...hence the dub/reggae thing. Robbie Shakespeare...right???
Neat pick up setup (4) with the one in the back acting as a hum canceller...neat idea!!! Does something seem funny about the serial number...like the first TWO digits are the year...1989???
But it is for real. l owned a couple back then.

Regarding the seller's unwillingness to talk via email, it appears to be a business, like a pawn shop, so that's why the hours were posted I think.

Back