Here we go again.... PRS EG-1 anyone know much about them?

Max Headroom

Your Mom rang, can she have her panties back!
Yes I should not be allowed to look at guitars for sale...lol
But its local so can inspect it and no shipping and good to haggle price!
Its a 1992 PRS EG-1 which I had never even seen before but looks interesting from specs.
Alder body, Maple neck, Rosewood board.
Anyone have one, had one etc and thoughts?

Last edited:
I had an EG4, which was an H-S-S version. I remember it being essentially a Strat with a PRS tremolo. Good guitar. I'm sure I sold it because I needed the money for some other shiny object.

The only thing I remember reading about them that you need to look out for is the neck pocket. I think they had a tendency to crack more often than normal. But if it isn't cracked at this point, then it's fine.

This is said to be an EG-1.
Looks like neck and bridge Seymour Duncan humbuckers and a middle single coil.
The finish is different, sort of a green faded to brown in places?

This is said to be an EG-1.
Looks like neck and bridge Seymour Duncan humbuckers and a middle single coil.
The finish is different, sort of a green faded to brown in places?
I saw that one, too. That thing is in rough shape. The "refin" is only the start.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it at $939 even as a restoration project. If it had the Fralins, maybe, but not for the HSH configuration.

I saw that one, too. That thing is in rough shape. The "refin" is only the start.

Personally, I don't think it's worth it at $939 even as a restoration project. If it had the Fralins, maybe, but not for the HSH configuration.
$939?

The one I'm looking at is $800(obo) on Facebook.
Where is the that one?

Edit.. NM, I found it on Reverb.
Same one but more money presumably because of fees and offering free shipping.

I was going to take a look and be thinking in the region of $700 as an ongoing project.
Which I currently don't have right now anyway.

$939?

Where is the that one?
On Reverb

$939?

Where is the that one?

Edit.. NM, I found it on Reverb.
Same one but more money presumably because of fees and offering free shipping.

I was going to take a look and be thinking in the region of $700 as an ongoing project.
Which I currently don't have right now anyway.
I'd pass, I passed on a mint EG with the dominoes at a local shop not long back for about the same reverb price. I still half regret it, wanted it, but couldn't get with the 3 piece top visually.

Last edited:
Those are EGIIs. I never understood the wacky names. The EG3 looks like this:

The EG4 looks like this:

The EGII is HSH or SSS. The SSS has 3 Fralin Domino pickups (currently available as Twangmaster). The HSH had HFS/VB pickups with single coil.

EGII:

This is my beautiful '93 EG1. Fantastic condition with OHSC & candy. Outside pickups split via push/pull tone control. Would love one with (3) Fralin Domino pickups.

IMG-3744.jpg

Absolutely nothing sounds like my 3 dominoes EG lll. I gigged it until the middle pickup died. The only person who could fix it was Rewind pickups in Utah. It was 9 months and three trips to various sources to get the pickup rewired. I was so traumatized that I haven’t gigged it since.That was 8 years ago. It’ll come out next week.

Back