Praising the Guitar Gods

boxstop7

Hi all...nothing special here, just wanted to kinda unload some pent-up anxiety...

See, I have a NGD coming in the very near future. Dealer says my Artist Package 408 is scheduled to be finished this Friday, April 12th. Which is awesome. And the excitement is killing me. Not only will this be my first PRS (I've been waiting for this day for about 20 years now), but my band also has a huge show this Saturday night, and I was really hoping to have my new guitar in time to trot her out for the show. A silly thing to stress over, I know. But I just can't help it.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining, or anything of the sort. I understand that these things take time, that they're on a schedule, etc. But none of that "logic and reason" does much to quell the hope that somehow, something will go ahead of schedule and I'll get a phone call before Saturday afternoon that she's ready for pick-up. Figured if I could unload this bit of anxiety anywhere, it'd be here in the company of fellow PRS aficionados!

Thanks for listening...I'll go back to praising GGs now! :adore:

Hi all...nothing special here, just wanted to kinda unload some pent-up anxiety...

See, I have a NGD coming in the very near future. Dealer says my Artist Package 408 is scheduled to be finished this Friday, April 12th. Which is awesome. And the excitement is killing me. Not only will this be my first PRS (I've been waiting for this day for about 20 years now), but my band also has a huge show this Saturday night, and I was really hoping to have my new guitar in time to trot her out for the show. A silly thing to stress over, I know. But I just can't help it.

Please don't get me wrong...I'm not complaining, or anything of the sort. I understand that these things take time, that they're on a schedule, etc. But none of that "logic and reason" does much to quell the hope that somehow, something will go ahead of schedule and I'll get a phone call before Saturday afternoon that she's ready for pick-up. Figured if I could unload this bit of anxiety anywhere, it'd be here in the company of fellow PRS aficionados!

Thanks for listening...I'll go back to praising GGs now! :adore:

Look at it this way. If its not there in time for the show, the big event will still be a BLAST and something to get all stoked up for. Then, when the show is over, you will still have another HUGE day coming up to get all excited about! Twice the fun and excitement!!
:408mt:

I had a gig the day my Signature Ltd came in the mail. Took it out of the case, tuned it up and the first notes I played out of it were in front of 250 or so people. Good feeling and one ill remember for a while, also the first show my parents went to. Enjoy it whenever it comes.

Congratulations on getting a 408.
How long did yours take to get?
I placed my order n January the 17th, and it looks like it is shipping Monday the 15th of this month.
The hard part is the wait :D

Anticipation...the best part of the acquisition process. :biggrin: In this world of instant gratification, it's good for us to wait for the really good stuff. A brand new PRS is only better when you wait just enough that you just...can't...stand it! Congrats in advance.

Wait til it's on the truck! Days feel like MONTHS! :p
Congrats and be sure to post a lot of pics!

Congratulations on getting a 408.
How long did yours take to get?
I placed my order n January the 17th, and it looks like it is shipping Monday the 15th of this month.
The hard part is the wait :D

Well, it's hard to say exactly how long it took, since I don't actually have it yet. :cool:

If the info from the last update I received is correct, as I said originally it's slated to be completed this Friday, April 12th. He tells me that I should add another day or so for casing, and he anticipated it being ready for pick-up on the 14th...which would actually be this Sunday. The store isn't open Sunday, so that'd mean pickup wouldn't really be available until Monday, the 15th (same as yours, apparently). If that ends up being the case, it'd be pretty much exactly two months between the order date and pick-up date, which is dang impressive. But we'll see. WMC has a long-standng relationship with PRS from what I understand, so I have no real reason to doubt the info I'm given. And I'm not sure if "shipping" times are shorter given that I'm a stone's throw away from Stevensville, compared to where you're at on the other side of the country.

Y'all are awesome, though...seriously. This has, quite literally, been almost 20 years in the making for me and it still feels completely surreal. I don't actually know what I'm going to do when I finally get the call from WMC that it's in. When the time comes, I just hope I can make the 15 min drive without having a heart attack or aneurysm! :wink:

And don't worry...there will be pictures galore once NGD finally arrives!

Thanks for the info.
Looks like yours is taking about a month less than mine to build.
Mine is going on three months here if it too is on schedule to ship next Monday.
Once mine ships, it takes exactly 7 days to make it to my dealer via UPS ground.

There could be countless reasons, yet I can't help but wonder why the big difference in build times. Let the speculation begin!

Because I'm in the local area, I even thought about asking if I could just pick it up at the factory once it's done. Thought twice about that one. :proud:

Back