I just ordered my first PRS

Aaron Penton

Hello people! I've been playing guitar (sometimes professionally, sometimes not) since 1989. I used to be a touring guitarist, but now I mostly do studio stuff for stock music libraries.

I have a Les Paul Black Beauty (1997 reissue of a '54), Les Paul Studio (currently needs the switch cleaned), a Tele Deluxe, Strat Elite, ESP Hammett signature, ESP "Grynch" Hetfield baritone, a Martin D35 and a Gibson J-30.

I run them through a Mesa Mark V 25 with a Strymon Blue Sky, Strymon Sunset, Strymon Dig and a Boss MD-200.

On Saturday, I compulsively pulled the trigger on a Silver Sky. I have never owned a PRS before. There are none in the city (there are SEs, but no Core Silver Sky's), so I ordered one off Reverb.com, brand new, from Quebec. I got the Frost. I am very excited, and also having some anxiety about spending that much.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and share my excitement. Cheers guys!

Congratulations and welcome! I don't have an SS myself, but I love all my other PRS guitars, I'm sure you will too!

I had excitement and anxiety with my first PRS purchase, a core CU22. Once I got the guitar in my hands, the anxiety went away and the excitement completely took over. I have always been one to take really good care of my gear so I was not afraid to play it. That was in 2006 and I still have the guitar and have been playing it again lately and have been reminded of how much I really like the guitar.

Congrats on the new guitar. I suspect you will love it and your anxiety will disappear once it is in your hands.

Congrats! I've been eyeing a Silver Sky myself. Post a pic and your thoughts when you get it please

Back