Posting Images with Imgur & Your Computer

CandidPicker

Tone Matters. Use It Well.
Hi, Folks.

This post is designed to instruct you how to post images using Imgur & your home computer. There are additional threads that cite how to post using the Imgur app on your phone; my goal is to teach you how to use Imgur with what many commonly use...your computer.

Use either Google or another internet search engine to locate Imgur.com.

Create an account with Imgur. Sign into Imgur.

Using your home computer, export the photos you wish to upload to Imgur from your "photo application" to your desktop.

Open Imgur in a new browser window, navigate to your screen name, and select 'Images' beneath the drop down menu. There are options for resizing your image, or creating a folder that you can save you r images to, or adding images.

Click on 'Add Images.' You can select your image size beneath 'Add Images.' Typically, 600x800 or 15-inch monitor works well. Select "image size" before selecting "add images."

Drag the images you wish to upload one at a time to the Add Images window.

The images will automatically upload. Repeat as necessary. To finish, be sure to refresh your computer screen by clicking the forward-circle to the right of your URL line at the top of your open browser window..

Next, click on the thumbnail of an image, directly in the thumbnail window. Selecting either edit or delete will either open a new window to edit, or check the thumbnail to be deleted. After clicking on the thumbnail directly, a new window will open. Select "BB Code", almost towards the bottom of the open window, clicking on Copy.

Then, open a new window to this forum. If you've already created a new post, use Ctrl-V or Command-V to paste the BB Code link into the post screen. You do not need to select the "Image" icon within the "create post" screen. Toggle between this forum site and Imgur and repeat this step as necessary to add additional images.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
can you use Flickr to post? I tried using the html code and the BBCode and didn't have any luck posting with either. The images don't show up. Is Imgur the only one that will work?

Thanks so much for the help!

can you use Flickr to post? I tried using the html code and the BBCode and didn't have any luck posting with either. The images don't show up. Is Imgur the only one that will work?

You can use Flickr, and several others.

TGH,

When you copy BB code, simply open a new window to this forum, and create a new post. Be sure to use Command or Control-V to paste the BB code within the post window. Add a title, click post thread, done...

created Imgur account, uploaded two photos, have tried to copy links and paste into PRS Forum messages but never works...ridiculous

I tried to upload photos, too. And I’m pretty good at the techie stuff. Couldn’t get it to work so I gave up. Only forum where I’ve had a problem.

I tried to upload photos, too. And I’m pretty good at the techie stuff. Couldn’t get it to work so I gave up. Only forum where I’ve had a problem.

Yup not gonna worry about it. Maybe somebody will upgrade the forum capabilities.

Folks,

Gotta ask, what form OS and browsers are you using? (Will try to clarify my instructions within the 1st original thread post)

Also, if Imgur redirects you saying "Oops, Something has Gone Wrong," simply log out of Imgur and sign back in. That should correct the error message.

Additional instructions have been added to the original thread post. Hopefully, this will clear up any problems you may have trying to use Imgur with this forum.

Last edited:
I use safari on an iPad Pro. No problems posting to other forums without having to use a hosting site. I tried Imgur and the other one mentioned in the thread but I don’t get the correct code link, I don’t think.

Carol,

Using an iPad holds separate instructions. Do you use an external keyboard with iPad Pro? That will help me know how to proceed.

I use safari on an iPad Pro. No problems posting to other forums without having to use a hosting site. I tried Imgur and the other one mentioned in the thread but I don’t get the correct code link, I don’t think.

A 3rd party web-hosting site is required for posting images with this forum. Creating an account with Imgur is described within the original thread post. You may use a separate image web-hosting site, but this thread is Imgur-specific. You will need to copy the BB Code link and toggle between Imgur and this forum. An external keyboard will make that simpler and easier. Not sure that iPad can copy a BB Code link and toggle between websites.

Please reread the original instructions for clarification, and I'd more than happy to assist you with your process.

A 3rd party web-hosting site is required for posting images with this forum. Creating an account with Imgur is described within the original thread post. You may use a separate image web-hosting site, but this thread is Imgur-specific. You will need to copy the BB Code link and toggle between Imgur and this forum. An external keyboard will make that simpler and easier. Not sure that iPad can copy a BB Code link and toggle between websites.

Please reread the original instructions for clarification, and I'd more than happy to assist you with your process.

I don’t ever see a “BB Code” link when I get the list of links.

Back